Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Carbine durability

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  nclpta 
#1 ·
I was just thinking about how many rounds I have put through my carbine,so far around 500 and no problems,how about everyone else? :idea:

G
#5 ·
2500+ rounds, may be more. I have had my 995 for about 10 yrs, paid $125 for it at a gun show when they first came out. I just had to break it down to do a complete cleaning and have a new firing pin coming from the factory. Mine was bent about 1/8" on the end but i was able to straighten it out. I want a replacement in case this one breaks off. These guns rock. You can't find a better gun for the price and warranty. hours of family fun.

G
#10 ·
Uncountable. If I had to guess based on the condition I received it in I would say a total of about 8k (3k of that being my trigger time)

I bought the carbine well used (no telling how many through it) and have put at least 3k through it my self.

Firing pin broke once factory shipped me a new one no other problems that caused malfunctions.

The stock did start to develop a gap on the seam of the pistol grip, the receiver cover started to rust in spite of my best oiling efforts and the main reason I sent it in is because the rear sight elevation screw was difficult to turn.

But it is still my favorite and pulls gaurd duty whenever I am home. with a few upgrades of course.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.