Carbine mags.

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Snake plissken, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Snake plissken

Snake plissken Member

Just recently got my 995ts . Getting ready to go to the range and check it out. I got the gun a sling and a Bushnell red dot scope and one magazine. We're these guns supposed to come with two mags or just one scince I got the sling and red dot. I thought they came with two. Maybe I was thinking of another gun that I had bought. Thanks .

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    One. Unless you bought the combo that comes with the mag holder. Then you get three. They all come with a sling.

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

For mags go to the HP website.

daveindenver likes this.
  4. Snake plissken

Snake plissken Member

Thanks for the replies . Just got back from running bout 100 rounds through it. Weather turning colder and getting dark on me. But the thing was awesome shot great and no problems. Except the front sight came loose. Guess a little loctite is order for a few key places. Overall I really like this little carbine.

yworrydog and daveindenver like this.
  5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Blue loctite. Charging handle too.

Merle likes this.
  6. osbornk

osbornk Hillbilly on a motorcycle Member

I ordered an extra 10 round from Hi-Point from their website and it was cheaper than any other place I found it while being delivered very quickly. I then ordered a magazine holder and a Red Ball 20 round magazine from them. The order showed two magazine holders and a Red Ball magazine. I sent them an e-mail advising them of the error but didn't get a response. When my order came today, it contained one magazine holder and two Red Ball magazines. They made an error on their end also but I am glad they did as I had no use for another magazine holder. That made the second Red Ball cheaper for me but the savings were less than the return shipping would have been. I shot a full magazines of aluminum Federal through each of them flawlessly.

moona11 likes this.
  7. FWIW: I found the mag loader to be a useful tool.

daveindenver likes this.
  8. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I see they have the weird pic of the RedBalls on the mag holder. I doubt they will hold on to the big mags in the field. But maybe if you used 2 on each side? :stir: It might work better!

9. osbornk

I got the mag holder and RedBalls this week and the RedBalls don't fit well in the mag holder and I don't think it is a good option. The regular 10 round mags fit fine but I am going to put 2 10 round mags in the mag holder and a Redball in the gun.

Merle and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  10. daveindenver

daveindenver Supporting Member

Got the "carbine smile". I've had mine for way over a year.

What ammo did you shoot?

11. Snake plissken

Snake plissken Member

Hello. We were using Winchester white box. Fairly reasonable cost and usually works in all my guns.

Merle likes this.
  12. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Maybe they have improved the WB? There used to be a warning against using it because of its issues.

13. Snake plissken

Snake plissken Member

What kind of issues. I've been using this ammo for a long time. Not exclusively though.

14. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Under powered. Won't cycle fully. It worked in my JHP never tried it in any other caliber or firearm.

15. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
  16. Snake plissken

Snake plissken Member

Thanks for the replies . I normally don't use this ammo. I reload and use other brands. But didn't have any target ammo on hand at the time. And I was jonesing to shoot my carbine that day.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  17. osbornk

I've used it for years and never had a problem. I've used it in a Hi-Point C9, S&W SD9VE, 9mm RIA 1911, Taurus PT111 G2 and Hi-Point 995TS.

moona11 likes this.
  18. JDMET2

JDMET2 Member

Got mine back in January have yet too take it to the range still ordering extras for it just got an aluminum upper rail and waiting on the bottom rail to come in,took the laser light combo off my Springfield didn't like how it mounted on the plastic rail also added a front grip,3pt sling and a red dot my last thing will be the barrel shroud will add some before & after pictures when I'm done.
    None of the extras cost over a $100.00, ( now that's more bang for my buck) pund intended LOL!!!

Snake plissken and moona11 like this.
  19. daveindenver

daveindenver Supporting Member

WWB has middle of pack MV/ME of 1190 /362.

I've only tried one box in my 995ts... I was testing everything. Too many flyers! I had at least 1 per 10rnd mag... sometimes more. Other than those flyers I had fine groups... but so what... the flyer ratio was unacceptable to me.

That was close to 2 years ago. At that time there was plenty of bad-mouthing of WWB but I tried a box for myself and found out why. Yes there were a few first-hand posts of shooter reporting that H/P recommended no WWB.

If your 995ts likes WWB then shoot it and ignore what works well or not for other shooter. But I would suggest that you compare it with a few other ammos. The folks on this site were dead-on about each gun having its own performance preference.

Snake plissken and Merle like this.
  20. Snake plissken

Snake plissken Member

I always try several brands to see which gun likes what round. But only had wwb on hand at the time. It ran fine. But I'll try some others soon. Heck my reloads are on par with wwb . I didn't have any at the time and was waiting for the projectiles to come in the mail that I ordered. But at least got to shoot the carbine that day. And my son and I had a blast . A good day at the range for sure.

daveindenver and Merle like this.