Carbine pin

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by kyle, Apr 7, 2015.

1. This has been addressed before, but I my carbine pin will not pull back when tightened. When I loosen it, it works fine. HP said they will send a new pin to me.

I am new to this forum, although I sold High Point semi's a few years ago. I pray this is not a common problem?

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Your pin? Do you mean the charging handle? Did you install it backwards like somebody else we know?

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

First suggestion, learn your weapon. Learn what its parts are called so when you need help, we have a better idea of what you mean. Second, if you know its been adressed, did you do what was suggested in that thread?

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Check the rotating knob-like piece on the end of your charging handle. The wider end should be facing out so that when the handle is screwed in, the knob can slide in and out a little. If you put it on the wrong way, it will rub the shroud.

5. Think1st

Florida
    When you screw it in, it should look like this.

Attached Files:

6. I will never live that down....:blush:

I mean, What moron did that?

7. Rachgier

No names were named. Your secret was safe-ish, not really.

8. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    It's one of those things that will forever be referenced around these parts.

9. ID rather say "YEP that was me!"

Than watch all the posts going

"LOLOLOLOL WHAT AN IDIOT, IS HE STILL HERE? DOES HE OWN ANY OTHER GUNS!?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:"

10. I called it a "pin" because the HP Operator called it a "pin". I know an operating handle is the complete name. And if I did not know this I should be looked on as a newbie which I am not. I sold guns and knives, but thank you for the forgiving hearts I received on my first post. :\

11. Rachgier

Well to be fair. You didn't introduce yourself anywhere or give your pedigree and your first post contained incorrect terminology. 3 of the first 4 responses covered a potential solution.

12. Think1st

Florida
    There is a lot of sarcasm here, and it's practiced as an art form. Keep participating in discussions, and you will have the opportunity to do so, yourself, as I see you did with your last independent clause.:cool:

13. talon

talon the banned wagon

I bet his shooting buddies are all snipers too.

14. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

That part he is referring to is called a thing of a mabob.

15. Kyle Fallon, USN (Ret). Live in China Spring, TX, married with four daughters. Sold guns for a living at Praco in Waco. In Bible School set to get my four year degree next summer. Currently, going to Trucking School in May. This is done on my phone. Thank you, folks fot having me join this exclusive group.

16. Think1st

Florida
    Welcome, Kyle, USN (Ret). I'm stuck using my phone, too, for a little while longer. It is a royal PITA. Have you downloaded the app? It makes life a lot easier when you use the phone.