Carbine report and range pics

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by septimius, Apr 19, 2008.

1. septimius

septimius Guest

Hey all..

It was a good day at the range...

after cleaning and oiling all the guns including the new carbine we went today to try em out..

Last week I went out with the new carbine and was getting a FTF every other round... so I adjusted the feed lips on the three mags a bit and gave it a good cleaning and oiling and WOW!!

Fired a total of 70 rounds through the three mags and only had one FTF! (which I am going to attribute to a too much of a relaxed grip for that shot)

Yup.. totally in love with this gun now..lol.. also had no problems with the HP 9mm and 380.. about 40 rounds each with no problems at all...

also tried out the new Lorcin 22.. paid 80 bucks for it at the pawn shop.. basically got what I paid for I suppose... FTF's every third round and a couple of FTE's.. but still.. fun for the price and small enough so my youngest could fire it.

Got some pics of the range and the kid shooting her pink 22 and the lorcin.. they give you an idea of the great outdoor range we got here in Montana...

Here are the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And she hit the spoon from 25 feet!!!!

[​IMG]

For a 7 year old firing a gun, she does really well.. She takes her time and lines up her shot BEFORE her finger goes on the trigger.. every time...

Woot..

2. Nice! Especially since it looks like you had the range to yourself.

3. Congrats on the good outing. Nice range, is it 200 yds?

4. septimius

septimius Guest

i think so lol.. it looks like it.. im not really good on distance judging...

right now with the weapons i got we just paste targets on the closest and plastic bottles and stuff in between... one of these day maybe Ill get a 30-06 with a decent scope and try to go for the long shots...

5. She's wearing a party shirt and a lai while shooting.......... gotta love little kids! Good for you!!

6. AnArmyofRon

AnArmyofRon Guest

good pics. And, is it just me, or is it ALWAYS windy at the range?