Carbine"s

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by x3benny, Sep 18, 2014.

1. x3benny

x3benny Benny Member

Witch Carbine Cal for the Hi-point is better, the 9mm, .40 or the 45 cal?:D

2. x3benny

x3benny Benny Member

I'm thinking on getting a Carbine, And i'm not sure what cal to get myself. My first choice is the 9mm so i can share my mags with my postil. Any other thoughts??

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

The 45 is the best but I am extremely biased as I have the 45 if cost is your main concern I would go with the nine as it's the cheapest shoot

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    The 9mm doesn't actually share mags. It kinda works to put the carbine mags into the C9, but they aren't really the same, and the pistol mags will NOT fit the carbine.

If you really want to share mags, get the .40. Better ballistics and lower price than the .45, better ballistics and fully shared mags over the 9mm.

But if sharing mags isn't the main thing, then the 9mm is just fine, and the lightest/cheapest way to go.

5. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

6. x3benny

x3benny Benny Member

ok wait? o.0 i have the 9m, and those mags don't fit in any Cal. carbine?

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Anything worth shooting once,

is worth shooting twice.

And if it's worth shooting twice, its worth taking the head shot.

At least, that is what the military guys will tell you.;)

8. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

NO
    9mm pistol mags won't work in the 9mm Carbine!!!! NO

9. panoz77

panoz77 Member

C9 8 round mags are too short, C9 10 round mags have the plastic pinky extension which also make them to short. If they were longer, they would work, but they aren't and they don't.

10. RobbK

RobbK Member

I am actually partial to the 4095TS. Shares mags with the JCP,has a little better velocity and energy than the 9mm and is not much more expensive than 9mm. As great as 45ACP is the cost of the rounds can be prohibitive for some folks.

11. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

I'm still bouncing around the carbine idea, and even though I would prefer the 4595, I do believe I would have to go with the 4095. Higher velocity and better penetration on hogs, which is what I would use it for.

Just for plinking or range fun. The 995 is cheaper to shoot.

12. x3benny

x3benny Benny Member

Last question, what attachments should i get for it? anyone?

13. MachoMelvin

How big is your JUNK drawer?
    That is where most of my attachments are now!
    I have drawer full of scopes, red dots, lasers, flashlights, and what nots. They are a lot of fun when I play guns on Saturday morning. I can pull them all out & dress my guns up any way I like!!!

14. x3benny

x3benny Benny Member

Nice, thats what i like to hear.....lol ill prob go with a plane red dot scope with a flashlight maybe.

15. aeroe

aeroe Member

Drawer? How about a surplus crate? I'm not even a year into firearm purchases.

As for the OP question. I went with the 995TS for cost, and ammo interchangeability with future planned purchases in 9mm.

It's for plinking and home defense. I don't hunt, and wouldn't know what I can legally hunt with a 9mm carbine.

16. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I made a gridded out list of c9/995 vs. JCP/4095 vs. JHP/4595 and listed all the pros and cons... In short, I recommend the 40 S&W carbine/pistol combo.
    But I have all 3 :D

If you were going maybe just strictly HD the JHP/4595 would be fine, as well.

17. mawguy

mawguy Sheep Dog Member

The thing I like about my 4095TS is that it improves the handgun fired bullet by about 200fps depending on what bullet size you use AND it has none of the "snap" or muzzle flip that a 40 cal handgun has. This improves the energy, accuracy and speed of successive good hits on target over the handgun.

18. x3benny

x3benny Benny Member

well, i own the 9mm c9 and was thing about getting the carbine for the mag's share, i thought they would fit, but i ask and they don't.

19. MachoMelvin

I use my Carbine 10 round magazines in my C9 all the time. They work fine, just don't look great? You can load up on the carbine mags for when "IT" hits the fan, there won't be a beauty contest that day anyways?

Attached Files:

20. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Proverbial dumb question

Don't recall from the thread(yes, the CRS is kicking in) if the Thingmeister Thingie works on the .45 carbine also. If so, then the .45 carbine would be the one for me. That way the same mags could be used for a Kahr .45, Hi-Point JHP .45, a 1911 pattern, and the .45 Carbine.

Could someone please clarify that?

Sorry, had to pop some pain pills last night for that surgery stuff and my brain is still addled from that crap. :(