Carbine Stock Modification

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by hypnodoc143, Feb 24, 2015.

1. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

A couple ideas for a modified stock on a Hi Point Carbine. I had fun with them and last night posted both of them in ebay auctions for someone else to enjoy...
    P1020071.jpg

P1020073.jpg

If the pictures don't attach to this post you can find the auctions at ebay using the listing numbers 151600016526 and 151600040441

Pretty cool looking stocks, right?!!!

2. I like it, priced to sell as well. Will you keep making these if there is a demand?

I would be interested in one that would reduce the LOP of a 995TS.

No guaranteed sell, as im not sure how the weight reduction, and long term they will stand up to abuse, but i wish the stock wasn't so damn long.

What is the OAL of the second one?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

They both look extremely uncomfortable to shoulder. Having fired several steel folding stock AK47's I know the second one without any swivel at the shoulder will get uncomfortable after a few rounds. they LOOK cool, but function abd durability, id bet the bank they fail miserably at.

4. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

The stock with the Hi Point butt pad is actually very comfortable to shoot. Both my wife and my 11 year old grandson said that it worked great for them. My grandson is fairly new to rifles but my wife can (and has) shot with the best of them. The stock that folds under is less comfortable at the shoulder but shoots great from the hip. It's the compact aspect that is the best part. As far as making the stocks for resale, I won't be doing that.

5. Is the LOP on the fixed stock the same as a standard ts?

6. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

What is lop and oal? A bit over my head, sorry...

7. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Length of pull and over all length

8. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

OAL has to do with ATF legal length requirements so you don't get in trouble making a SBR or Short Barreled Rifle.

LOP has to do with how well a rifle fits you.
    Rifles or shotguns marketed for children have a shorter stock or a shorter LOP

9. Thank you for the quick well descroption. It is an issue with me as i am 5'6" with T-rex arms and worse for my better half who is 4"11

Sorry i shouldn't have assumed you knew what it meant.

I was asking about OAL as it looks like you cut the barrell down too. and i beleive you cannot have an OAL of less than 26" didnt want you un knowingly incriminating your self on ebay.:eek:

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Why do those look very familiar? Didn't someone recently get one like the first and replace it with a new stock?

11. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

Thanks for the definitions, I just learned something... The stock with the Hi Point butt pad is 1 1/2 inches longer than ATF legal... The other stock is right on the money ATF legal... The barrel has NOT been cut at all...

Cicpup, Yes, I just had a new ts stock put on... I may have posted a picture a while back either on here or on another Hi Point forum sight...

The lop would be the same because nothing else was changed...

12. cicpup

Vermont
    Glad you didn't actually claim you made these and said you wouldn't make any more.

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/f272/send-mom-312557/

Seems you weren't very happy with them when you bought them.

13. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

I bought the 995 because of the stocks. Looked like they would be cool to play. When I sent the stock back to mom i was expecting that they would charge me for replacing the stock and send the new and the old back to me and I would be able to change back and forth when one of us wanted to shoot something different. It turned out mom kept the cut off stock and just put on the new one and DIDN'T Charge me a penny. I don't have the umpffffff to cut back a stock... I'm sure somebody else will take up the challenge...

14. srb61

srb61 Member

I did lol...[​IMG][​IMG]

15. cicpup

Vermont
    If it doesn't sell I'll give you $10 for that curly thing that looks like part of a Mossburg accessory.

16. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

If they don't sell I'll put them aside and play with them another day... I'v got an extra 995 classic stock to work with...