Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in WA, and I called every dealer in western WA listed on HP's website and only two dealers had the carbine in stock, and 1 wanted $369 and the other wanted $299. Everyone else says they dont carry that model and have it on back order and its just not coming in. The C9 was easy to find, cheapest I found was $150 cash all the way up to $250

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just happen to find mine at a pawn shop, still new.. But I was still shocked, the (2) places that had it in stock told me it was actually a very popular gun so you would link more places would be interested in stocking it. .

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Most places would rather make the extra couple hundred off a glock or S&W. Every dealer ive talked to bashes HP like you wouldnt believe. I mean come on its like why would you even stock something that you talk shat about on a daily basis it just doesnt make any sence to me either.

If I were a dealer I would rather move more product get my name out there just a little more than the rest. MOst dealers are about the money SAD BUT TRUE......

·
Registered
30 Posts
I decided I had to have one and I called every gun shop and pawn shop within 100 miles NONE of them had one. They all said they haven't seen on in a while. Finally found one shop close to my house that had one. They charged $250 for it. I know that is high but if its the only one around, you do what you have to.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I decided I had to have one and I called every gun shop and pawn shop within 100 miles NONE of them had one. They all said they haven't seen on in a while. Finally found one shop close to my house that had one. They charged $250 for it. I know that is high but if its the only one around, you do what you have to.
+1. I had the same problem. I ended up getting mine for $245 but I was able to put it on layaway since I didnt have the money right then anyway, so I really cant :'( too much!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ive seen plenty of classic 995s around here in SW-VA. Ranging from $160 used, to $225 new with scope. I snagged a new one, without the scope, for $185 for the wife a few weeks ago. Im still on the lookout for a 4095. LGS is unable to locate one through his dealers and the last show didn't have any carbines at all. I want a 4095 so bad I can taste it. Back when I was a gun snob I would see these things everywhere. Now that I have seen the light, they are eluding me. I feel I must say that "My name is 4caster and Im a rehabilitated gun snob." Im on the 13 step program. Im even selling one of my ARs to fund a 4095 and still have a pile of cash left over to boot. This is a great forum folks. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Reverse gun snob gun shop: my gun shop is like some of our elected officials. Whatever you are looking at "is a fantastic gun". They will flip flop until you buy something. The go with basically whatever the customer has coming out of their mouth. If you bad mouth a __________(insert your brand here) gun they will go right along with you (sheep) and if you praise said gun, to them it is the best thing since sliced bread. Don't get me wrong, i like the guys, and i OCCASIONALLY find a good deal (online auctions/gun stores are WAY better priced) and i buy their ammo, but i guess they gotta make their sales. I was browsing in there one day and watched one customer pick up a C9 and slam it, they went along with the bad mouthing right along with him. he left and a little bit later another guy came in and looked at the JHP and fawned over it and guess what....same clerk, "best gun ever made". He wound up buying it (good for him) but i just shook my head. Hypocrites and liars and theives are all my pet peaves (hey that rhymes). Rant over.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
4caster, what part of SW VA you from?

·
Registered
850 Posts
My LGS is a group of pretty solid guys. There are a few that have Hi Points and then a few that aren't huge fans of the guns but won't put you down for being interested in them either. I was just in there yesterday getting a couple of things and then fondling a few guns for CC. The guy that I was talking to asked what I had now and when I told him about my Hi Points he didn't put me down. But then we both agreed that something a little lighther and slimmer than the C9 would be ideal. Anyways, we started talking about the new 9mm TS. So we're standing there as I'm holding the gun and he talks about having the old one and both agree that this new stock is better. He asks me if I was looking into one of these and I said no blah, blah, blah. I tell him I'm waiting on the new .40. He tells me to hold on and goes in the back. Comes back and says "I was going to bring you out a new .40 but it looks like we already sold the last one." I crapped myself. A new TS exists and it isn't only in 9mm? You're telling me that Hi Point isn't lying to me? So he told me he would call whenever they got them again. I do live in Ohio by the way. I guess that's one plus about it, plenty of Hi Point stuff around.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey man you just made my day. Ive been looking hard for a 4095, any 4095, and to hear the new ones are rolling out is great news. I may just stand fast and let my LGS track one down for me. I'd much rather have the TS anyway. :D

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Most places would rather make the extra couple hundred off a glock or S&W. Every dealer ive talked to bashes HP like you wouldnt believe. I mean come on its like why would you even stock something that you talk shat about on a daily basis it just doesnt make any sence to me either.

If I were a dealer I would rather move more product get my name out there just a little more than the rest. MOst dealers are about the money SAD BUT TRUE......
Do you think that some do carry maybe one or two HP's so they can just say," yeah, I got an HP, and it is really cheap, BUT over hear I have a sweet Glock, that will out shoot the HP any day." and yes, then they make a couple hundred extra $$$$ on the deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My LGS has been trying to get me a 4095 since the first week of June I've all but paid the last few dollars on it so I'll just hang in there and wait it out . I would like to ask how long some of you guys might of waited that took this route , I live in Eastern Ky .
Thanks John

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.