Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum, and I love it...great information. I'm really intrigued by these hi points and will probably purchase my first handgun this summer. Pretty much settled on a 9 mm. Reading these posts, it looks like there are 2 types of 9 mm...the pistol and the carbine? Is this accurate? And if so, what is the difference between the 2? Or am I misreading something?
Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
79 Posts
A carbine will be more accurate with the longer barrel of course. I just seen a used Hp 9mm carbin at a local store and I found it a bit to small for me. Then again iam used to longer weapons with my marlin 336 at the shortest.
Go check out both and see what ya want. If you wanting a pistol then get it. Want ssomething with a bit of range get a carbine. Put a scope or a red dot on it and boy the fun you can have!!!!!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
New to this forum, and I love it...great information. I'm really intrigued by these hi points and will probably purchase my first handgun this summer. Pretty much settled on a 9 mm. Reading these posts, it looks like there are 2 types of 9 mm...the pistol and the carbine? Is this accurate? And if so, what is the difference between the 2? Or am I misreading something?
Thanks in advance for the help.
I think any HP that you pick is going to make you HAPPY. I have the, HP .380 handgun, HP .45acp handgun and the 995 carbine(9mm). :yes:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Just like the others said, the carbine is like a rifle.
You can add lots of extras and really trick out the HP 995 carbine.
The C9 is a very basic pistol that is lots of fun to shoot.
I think it is a good starter pistol.
You really cant go wrong.
I personally bought the C9 and like it so much I went out and bought the JHP .40

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
First off :welcome:

If you really want to purchase a handgun, then the HP will be a good choice for you. Not a big investment and you get a solidly built pistol, that is factory supported to extreme levels. Since the cost is low, if you find pistols aren't something you like, you've not invested a large sum of money. The carbine is the favorite in my collection, to me, it's an anti-depressant ;D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, now I got it. Thanks for the feedback. I looked them up on the HP site and I see what you guys are talking about. Ya, I'm looking for a pistol. I have a shotgun now, so I'm looking for something small for some balance. I can't wait to get going on this. It's a lot easier to sell my wife on $150 versus $600!

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
:welcome:
you are surely asking the right folks!! Be sure to check-out youTube too. Maybe some of these guys could link ya to some good vids that would help ya decide?

... it's an anti-depressant ;D
LOL! Who'd a thunk it, LEAD as an anti-depressant? But SOOO true!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again for all the input. It's nice to be able to go somewhere to talk about HP guns and not get laughed at by others looking down their noses. I'm looking forward to a lot of fun with it......once I can find ammo of course!

·
Registered
367 Posts
First off :welcome:

If you really want to purchase a handgun, then the HP will be a good choice for you. Not a big investment and you get a solidly built pistol, that is factory supported to extreme levels. Since the cost is low, if you find pistols aren't something you like, you've not invested a large sum of money. The carbine is the favorite in my collection, to me, it's an anti-depressant ;D
Yeah and HP is 100% made in the US. That is a huge plus to me. I wish I'd of got a hi point 45 for my first gun. My first handgun was a P345 from ruger for like 450 bucks and it was kinda a higher investment but in the end I was hugely happy with my purchase then. In retrospect though I shoulda got the cheaper one since I didnt know handguns were going to be so... cool? Now I always seem to find another handgun I want.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.