Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking into a gun for carry and I've sort of narrowed my choices down to the Kel-Tec p11 or a Taurus Millenium Pro pt-111. I'd like a Glock 19 or 26, but i can't really justify spending the $500 to my girlfriend, does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
I've been looking into a gun for carry and I've sort of narrowed my choices down to the Kel-Tec p11 or a Taurus Millenium Pro pt-111. I'd like a Glock 19 or 26, but i can't really justify spending the $500 to my girlfriend, does anyone have any suggestions?
Don't talk to her about it; just go buy what you want. If she has a problem with that point at the door.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Don't talk to her about it; just go buy what you want. If she has a problem with that point at the door.
Dude must not get laid much....lol.

Nah, dude. Ive taken two CC classes, one for myself. Then sat in on one with my Sheriff buddy who taught a class. And both teachers both said the same thing. Carry what you feel comfortable with, go into the gun store. Find a freindly salesman who doesnt have a problem with you touching guns you dont intend to buy. Find the gun that fits your hand best, has the best point of aim, grip angle, and make sure your hands can reach the controls with out shifting your grip. The last thing you want to do is figit with the controls in the middle of a suburban gun fight.

So depending on your size and build, that might not necissarily mean that you have to go with a compact. I, for one, am a rather big guy with huge hands. My carry gun of choice is a full size 1911. And I often carry a double stack, 6 inch barreled version.

We'll talk about holsters once you find the gun that fits you.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Dude must not get laid much....lol.
Did you finish handwashing all her lingerie?

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
I'd stay away from the P11 personally. SeaBasS on this forum had one and it was terrible. Horribly accurate and it blew a bunch of powder in his face the last time he was using it.

If your girlfriend gives you crap about getting a quality, reliable weapon like a Glock she needs to be reeducated. Glocks are expensive yes, but when it comes to a weapon to defend yourself and your family/future family...what's another $100 if it saves your life?

I've got a Glock 17 as my primary carry weapon and I wouldn't have anything else.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I suppose the best logic i could could come up with when it comes to a glock would be "this is the only handgun I will ever need" sort of thing. My next purchases after would probably be some sort of pump action 12 gauge for home defense and a mosin, because I've always wanted one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts