Carry Laws

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by Mordecai, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

Alright, I'm 17 years old, and on my 18th birthday I'm applying for my CCW and getting my a C9 also. Now, I was wondering, if I get my CCW, am I allowed to open carry?

BTW, I live in Indiana, and I've checked the laws and found nothing about it.

2. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

I did some checking Apperently if you have a CCW you can carry open or concealed If you need more info go here and they can help you

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/ Good luck! :D

3. 18 for a pistol or ccw. Its 21 in missouri to buy a pistol, and 23 for ccw.

4. At 18 you can own a handgun, just can't meet the Federal requirements for purchasing it. You'll also have to get his ammo from a non-dealer source. My kids were given handguns before they were 21 and if they needed ammo I bought it. All perfectly legal.

Does your state actually issue a CCW to someone under 21 though?

5. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S. Member

6. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

I can own, and carry a pistol, and own a CCW at 18, thought I cannot purchase a pistol or ammunition, except from a private seller.

7. Cool, if you're considered an adult at 18 in this country, you should have the responsibilities as well as the privileges. A kind of 'limited adulthood' has been the norm and should be modified. You should either be an adult or not. If they will issue a permit at 18, you should go for it. Good luck!

8. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

I am, I was just wanting to know if I could open carry if I had a CCW permit, looks like I might be able to.

9. 1motion

1motion Guest

in nebraska you can buy handgun ammo at 18. but you have to be 21 to buy a handgun and apply for a CCW permit. CCW in nebraska is only 1 year and 1 day old as of this post, but in our great state you can open carry... while you can do this a lot of places in nebraska i wouldnt recomend running your errands around town holstered up. all it takes is one person to get freaked out and call the cops. and while you may be legal to carry you may be cited for disturbing the peace and laws of that nature.
    in 1988 voters passed into law Initiative Measure No. 403 which pretty much tells the state they cant mess with our guns... here is how it goes in the constitution.....

"and the right to keep and bear arms for security or defense of self, family, home, and others, and for lawful common defense, hunting, recreational use, and all other lawful purposes, and such rights shall not be denied or infringed by the state or any subdivision thereof"

while some places like omaha have restricted open carry, in the majority of nebraska outside of the major urban areas open carry is often practiced, mainly by farmers, ranchers and hunters that spend a lot of time in the middle of nowhere. but it still isnt uncommon to see someone with a gun on their hip... things have started to change but for the most part when people see someone carrying a gun out in plain sight they just assume they have the right to do so.

just remember just because you HAVE the right to do something doesnt mean that you SHOULD do it. i do practice open carry sometimes but not around town or heavily populated events..... no need to cause a freak out, this year i will be getting my CCW permit and wont have that problem any more