Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Quick question on the step rule in florida for concealment in personal conveyance.

I am getting my ccw and just waiting for them to send my license in the mail, still gotta couple weeks left to wait.

But with out the license, do i have a two step or a three step rule, such as glove box and holster or the same plus safety?

Now I am only 20, so they said once I hit 21 they will send the license thru..

Does my age contrue with Florida ss 790.25? Or under the statute steps dont apply and another rule does..

Any help again will be appreciated

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys

Its a two step law in Florida no matter age given 18 being youngest to carry. Must have holster for car concealment

Extra, what are some decent fmj to shoot thru as per break-in or the best grain the gun likes.. Anyone notice the guns feeds and likes the 124gr the best?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Bubba you need to read the Florida Statutes which you should have a copy of if you applied for your CCW. There is nothing in the Florida law about 2 or 3 steps. The statute uses the term "securely encased" and then goes on to explain securely encased such as in a snapped holster, latching glove box, or pistol case that latches shut. Again though I would like to reiterate that you need to read the statutes again and have a solid understanding of them if you are going to practice your right to carry. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM, I am more than happy to help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link to USA Carry. I run the site and notices some hits from here.

Thadius15 is correct. From Jon Gutmacher's book Florida Firearms Law, Use, and Ownership, he says that 2-3 step rule isn't correct even though a lot of people think it is. I carry my Glock 23 in a snapper holster so I can carry it in the open between my seat and console. But you could have it in a regular holster and have it in the glovebox or in the console.

I'd recommend picking up his book. I have two copies, one for my car that stays there and one at home.

http://www.floridafirearmslaw.com/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the link to USA Carry. I run the site and notices some hits from here.

Thadius15 is correct. From Jon Gutmacher's book Florida Firearms Law, Use, and Ownership, he says that 2-3 step rule isn't correct even though a lot of people think it is. I carry my Glock 23 in a snapper holster so I can carry it in the open between my seat and console. But you could have it in a regular holster and have it in the glovebox or in the console.

I'd recommend picking up his book. I have two copies, one for my car that stays there and one at home.

http://www.floridafirearmslaw.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.