Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
I started with my hard cast pills with Lee Alox and then I started powder coating. Both with very good accuracy every time. If I had to count I'd say over 1000 rounds each pistol, C9 and JCP.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I shoot a 200 gr fn thru my 45. My 9mm gets a 124gr. Have you tried powder coating ? Istarted and it seams to be cleaner , pmus I can cook the bullets and not have to worry about dust

·
Administrator
29,260 Posts
Try polymer coated lead. Just a whisker more expensive but barrel stays clean. I shoot them in my 995 and have had no issues. NONE.
I've handloaded with epoxy coated bullets from several different manufacturers including Black Bullets, Missouri Bullet Co., and SNS Casting. All have performed just fine.

I've also handloaded a lot of straight up uncoated hard cast bullets with equally satisfactory results. I didn't really notice that they shoot dirtier or any greater fouling. Maybe that's because I don't load particularly hot. But they all shoot just fine.

I like the coated bullets from an aesthetic perspective. If the costs are the same, I'll go with the coated. But if I can save money with uncoated, that makes more sense to me.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts