Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is casting hollow points much more of a pain than casting ball ammo? Is it a lot more time consuming?

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been doing some more reading, and I think if I am going to cast my own, I might just set up to drill the hollow points.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Several years ago i bought a 45acp 200gr. hollow point mould from lee, Works good esp: with linotype. Yes it is slow as it only casts one at a time.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
what HP molds do exist are for heavy rifle caliber hunting bullets. and yes they are extra time consuking to make correctly.

SW
Incorrect my friend. I just got done casting some 38/357's that are hollowpoint with my gramps the other day. Now there aren't many places to find the molds but they can be had.

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
i stand corrected. i looked through my catalouges and the only people advertisng hollow point pistol molds are specialty suppliers and those are moslty geared to hunting.

SW

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Unless you are planning on hunting with those HP's, stick to factory HP's for SD ammo. If you are involved in a SD shooting, you do not want to be accused of trying to make a deadlier round with the intent of killing, rather than stopping an attacker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts