Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I use a shoulder holster for my 9 and 45 but I have the barrel's down other wise with my size it looks like I've got an extra arm out my back

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Soft IWB either left side or small of back. Works fine with pleated slacks that I usually wear with a sweater or blazer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The Hi-point c9 is a little bulky for me, unless it's an under the coat carry. Personaly I carry a Kel Tec p-3at in a pocket holster , right rear pocket.
Looks like a wallet.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
The biggest quandary for concealed carry is trying to get the biggest caliber into the smallest gun. Unfortunately for me, the C9 is just too big and bulky, and I had to go with something else that's lighter, thinner, shorter, and just generally more compact. That's me. I know some people don't even care about size... and carry a full size 1911. How can they do that? I have enough trouble with my keys.

·
1,792 Posts
How can they do that? I have enough trouble with my keys.
I totally understand, My wife has a bunchof doodadds and thingys hanging from her key chain. Heck I have trouble with my plain Jane key's let alone her's.

And of course when we go for a trip to the store we take her car and guess who drives. And I get to pocket the entangled mess. Yea fun.

So I have a XD9 service and found it difficult to conceal. I have a fobus paddle holster and the handle is not my friend. LOL

Thus I have to put it further back on my bum feels weird but works.

I am looking into an IWB as I have tested the ( stuff the gun down your pants method) and seems it would work just fine as long as I don't have to sit in a low chair.

The C9 takes a back seat. 8 rds vs. 16 rds. and about the same size and weight. No brainer for me.

P.S.
I do not yet have my CCW still waiting. But do practice so when the time comes I will not be fummbling and find myself unprepared.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
The C9 is just too bulky on my 5'10" 175# frame to comfortably carry concealed, printing is not an issue in SC but I still like a low profile when I carry. Currently I carry a Taurus PT111 M-Pro 9mm using a Fobus paddle holster and it works much better with my body size with a slightly larger size t-shirt as a cover garment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts