CCI Shotshell Problem in JCP 40

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by vvllbs, Apr 12, 2014.

1. vvllbs

vvllbs Member

I couldn't get these to feed, has anyone else had this problem

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

2. geekandwife

geekandwife Good ole Boy Member

Shot shells are well known for not feeding or cycling a semi auto...

3. Not enough energy to cycle the slide.

4. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Yep, really not meant for semi-autos, what would be the purpose of having a mag full of CCI shot shells in a semi-auto?

5. geekandwife

When I go fishing I keep a mag of them on me for snakes. Can shoot them in the boat without sinking

6. panoz77

panoz77 Member

How many snakes do you usually come across at one time? I could see having them on hand, and dropping a single one in the chamber when needed.

7. geekandwife

I can drop a mag and put new one in and rack the slide quicker than I can load a single round in. I have had Water Moccassin drop down into the boat if I am going under a tree, or even climb into the boat. Thats one snake I won't mess with.

8. Solution: Move north to MN, we don't have that problem with snakes dropping from trees. ;) Or carry a .38 Special or .357mag chambered first with several rds. of bird shot.

9. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

I heard they don't have enough power to chamber another round but they do look cool

10. geekandwife

Then if I run into a bobcat or a coyote i am just pissing them off with my first couple of shots or if I need it for self defense from a 2 legged animal. Its sad to say but there are too many meth labs in vans or pot growers or even the occasional moonshiner that won't respond too well to shotshell

11. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

I'd carry your regular pistol/ammo for the animals with legs and one of these for the creepy crawlers.....

[​IMG]

12. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

No.... You just got Mosquitos that bleed cattle dry!

13. madchad

madchad o_O Member

Before you trust your safety to one of those shot shells you need to fire a few boxes into different things and see the damage (or lack of damage) they do. We have western diamondbacks around here and a shot shell like that would only piss the snake off and get you bit.

14. Thanks Bull, you're reply had me laughing so hard I coughed up a hair ball. :D

15. Bull

Not a problem!

16. geekandwife

Still better than sinking the boat. I trust shot shell not to do that, but anything more powerful would run that risk.

17. Recoil on those are terrible, theres just not enough grip. Id much rather grab a judge from my personal experience.

18. Bull

That's why you carry corks.... Sheesh.... Amateurs!

19. geekandwife

You are a bit confused the corks are part of the Hillbilly Bikini bathing suit...

[​IMG]

20. vvllbs

vvllbs Member

I bought the CCI shells for snakes, they're moving about this time of year in Texas. I have lots of guns, best snake gun on the ranch is an old break open 410.