Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm right handed, and I keep my cellphone on my right hip, on a little holster. Now, I'm getting my CCW shortly after my 18th birthday, and I don't want to carry my pistol where I carry my cellphone, and I don't wear jackets, and I wear hoodies a lot, so I can't carry it under the shoulder, so what is a good left sided holster for a righty?

G

·
Perhaps you are looking for a cross draw holster?
Cross draws have the single benefit of being able to draw with both hands, should that be needed...

For my CCW: I had to move my knife to the other side of me, just to accormodate my Carry. After a while, having the knife on the other side, and the CCW on the strong side is normal. I am not saying it happens overnight, but it takes a bit of time, for you and the body mechanics get used to both.
Hope this helps.

G

·
Are you planning on a IWB holster that is tuckable? If so I would say leave it on your right hip just forward of your weapon. That way it will break up the imprint of the weapon on your hip. If that is not an issue then I would agree with El, just move it to your left side.

Since I have started carrying I make it a point to put my keys etc in my left pocket. I even put my wallet over there. It helps balance out if you will plus it is easier to retrieve items without my IWB holster being in the way.

For anyone who doesn't know:

IWB= Inside Waist Band
Tuckable= The ability to tuck your shirt in between your weapon and pants.

G

·
So you're saying just carry my cellphone on my left side?
YUP
My feeling would be, I want what is the more immediate need, in the most immediate place. You can give the PD a ring-i-dingy after the BG is DOA, much more desirable than calling them then hoping the BG is REEEEEEEAAAAALLLLLLYYYYY SLOOOOOOOOWWWWW
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JMHO
Doc

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol, yeah, you're right about that.

Also, about printing, whats the big deal is people know I'm armed? Hell, in my neighborhood, 90% of the gangstas walk around with their illegal gun stuck in their waistband, and I want them to know I'm armed.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't think thats a good Idea because that makes you a target I too also live in a rough neighborhood and I do not want my friendly neighbor street thug to know im armed unless he tries to rob me thinking im an "easy target" then he will be staring down the barrel of my C9

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
I don't think thats a good Idea because that makes you a target I too also live in a rough neighborhood and I do not want my friendly neighbor street thug to know im armed unless he tries to rob me thinking im an "easy target" then he will be staring down the barrel of my C9
I hear what you are saying but would it not at the same time be as good an idea for the bad guys to know that you can defend yourself, and maybe this will keep them away?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I carry my c9 on my left side, IWB and cross draw. The print is hardly noticeable. If I'm not wearing a jacket I just let a baggy shirt fall over my pants. It's not my most GQ look, but I've never been accused of being very GQ anyway. :)

I don't like to print either; not because I worry about a BG knowing I'm armed, because if if one tries to rob me, they'll find that out, but because the purpose of CCW for me is not to draw "unneccessary" attention to myself, such as excited whispers in a restaurant, "see that man over there at the sushi bar? He's got a gun!" :eek:

But that's just me.

G

·
Not sure what it is like in PA, but a weapon showing in SC, becomes brandishing, a not very good offense, felony, I believe, but not positive, if it can be determined by LEO, imprinting may fall in the gray area, depending, as always, on the 'donut factor' :wink: :wink: :wink:
No offense to any of our law enforcement members!!!!

Doc

G

·
Regarding advertising CCW, I would advise against it. Being armed and having a mindset of avoiding trouble and being determined to survive any unescapable encounter goes a long way to making you smell less like food to predators.

Also have to agree with those who say move the phone.....

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Move the cell phone and carry the pistol strong side.

As for printing you need to check your state laws and follow them to the letter, otherwise you may forfit your right to concealed carry and chalk up a pretty hefty legal expense to boot.

In SC, printing is a non-issue provided that 80% of the actual firearm IS concealed. An accidental showing of the firearm is not a major issue provided you did not do so on purpose and are legally packing. An accidental showing would be like carrying strong side with a jacket and the jacket comes open by the wind, entry/exit from vehicle or while you are reaching for something in your pocket and the weapon is see by others. Brandishing is considered displaying the firearm in a threatning manner be it in your hand or in a holster and you purposely display it to others to show that you are armed.

Remember, this is the law in my state (SC) so please check your own state laws concerning the issue of prinitng and what constitutes brandishing.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Relocate the Cell.

My CCW is my first priority, keys,cellphone,wallet and pocket knife all got shifted around after being carried in a certain pocket for years.

G

·
I wear cover garments, but I do not worry about printing. (But again know your own state laws) I live in an open carry state. If someone gets a little peak it is no big deal, most folks would not know what they just saw anyway. They would think it is just a cell phone or something. I do try and keep it covered cause I do not want folks to know I am carrying.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
I carry so much junk around my waste my wife calls it my batman belt.
I have my cell and ccw on the right side plus a pager and leatherman on my left side. In Texas it's all conceled - no open carry but they're not gonna get upset if there is a slip and someone see it.
Right now I carry a Tauras 111 in a pattle no way someone wouldn't know what it was even if it was only a second. I'm planning on picking up a Hi-Point 40 this weekend and poping 100 rounds or so through it. Since I've only seen them in pictures I'm not sure how to wear it yet.
I do have a little colt mustang 380 I carry in the back when I'm not feeling like draging the 9mm around, it's easy to get to and easy to hide.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry for the late reply, I was banned for a week.

I've decided to slide the cellphone farther back on my right side, and have the pistol on my right hip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts