Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Administrator
24,293 Posts
I always laugh in sarcasm when someone tells me they just "lock it" in the center console or glovebox. Then if your vehicle gets stolen they get a bonus! The NYS mindset with CCW is pretty much based on "how can this go wrong?" and not a lot else for me. When the instructor for my CCW class told us that if we say to a suspicious BG "don't come any closer, I have a gun" and that BG shoots you, they are within their rights because just saying "I have a gun" is a threat of force, and they would be deemed to be exercising self defense - that really sealed the "keep your mouth SHUT" message for me.
Yeah, it's ridiculous up there. I don't even lock my center console though. Just pitch the Glock in there, make sure the AR is still on the back seat with a half dozen 30 rounders, and away I go...

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,709 Posts
Yeah, it's ridiculous up there. I don't even lock my center console though. Just pitch the Glock in there, make sure the AR is still on the back seat with a half dozen 30 rounders, and away I go...
Half the time my keys are on the center console. So its not that hard to steal anything. But here damn near every vehicle has multiple guns.

NY definitely does have some seriously shit laws.

·
Premium Member
35,568 Posts
Funny thing. I can carry concealed at school in Utah, it’s legal, with a regular old CCW permit.

And we just had constitutional carry clear the committee so it could be voted on soon, the new governor is on record as supporting it.

More funny-ness. The new law will retain the permit system, so you can still get the permit if you want. I guess that’s for the out of state customers. I just hope it keeps making the NICS check free, could make the $15 charge every 5 years worth it.

All of that said....don’t talk about it. I do not confirm nor deny anything. I’ve had kids ask, as well as parents (pro gun parents, they were glad I could carry and just wondered, so relax) and other teachers. They all got non-committal answers.

Reactions: 7000al

·
Registered
642 Posts
The parameters never changed. And this: :is a dangerous, ignorant, and misguided piece of advice since you obviously have no clue how the CC laws work in NY because you think I fabricated new parameters.

Here's a new parameter for you. If he decides not to carry in to a store and leaves his sidearm in his vehicle, he is required to have two separate lock boxes in which he needs to lock the firearm and the magazine and then separate them by putting one or the other in the trunk.

So again, sit down and learn something new. I'm an equal opportunity east coast (FL,PA,NY,NC) asshole and coming soon to the Texas Hill country.
You interjected a number of different parameters that changed his original question and now insist that the hypothetical is the same. Laughable. Now get off your high horse and participate in a dialog rather than insisting you are correct and telling others to sit down. You a democrat, by chance? LOL!

Coming to Texas?? Great! Come on up to Dallas and we can have a real Texas chat. But please, leave the NY attitude from whence it came.

·
Administrator
24,293 Posts
You interjected a number of different parameters that changed his original question and now insist that the hypothetical is the same. Laughable. Now get off your high horse and participate in a dialog rather than insisting you are correct and telling others to sit down. You a democrat, by chance? LOL!

Coming to Texas?? Great! Come on up to Dallas and we can have a real Texas chat. But please, leave the NY attitude from whence it came.
That sounds like a threat. Be careful what you wish for.

·
Premium Member
9,127 Posts
Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Super Moderator
28,290 Posts
And we just had constitutional carry clear the committee so it could be voted on soon, the new governor is on record as supporting it.

More funny-ness. The new law will retain the permit system, so you can still get the permit if you want. I guess that's for the out of state customers.
It's for reciprocity because when Republicans had the House, the Senate, and the POTUS for 2 solid years, they refused to move National Reciprocity. Mostly, it was the Senate.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
What the Hell was that?
634 Posts
Are you legal to carry?
Are you allowed to carry at work per their policy and the law in NY?

If so great. But keep it to yourself.

If not you just admitted to a crime. Which is stupid because we now know
And now we're all accomplices too.....great.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
My attitude has been and will continue to be that the operative word is "concealed", and so it should never be an issue. Being a Right-Winger behind Lefty lines is always going to be a challenge. I don't flaunt that I even OWN guns (no t-shirts or stickers or branded clothing), let alone that I carry one (or more) every day. If someone wants to ask about the bulge in my pants I will be glad to give them an uncomfortable (and probably also not HR-friendly) answer and walk away. What I have in my pants is my business. I'm legally allowed to own everything I own and I'm licensed to carry the appropriate ones concealed. End of story.

Thanks for the discussion everyone. It's nice to have a place to just talk about stuff. My wife is the only person in my day-to-day that knows what's up, and she gets tired of hearing about it from me sometimes lol.

·
What the Hell was that?
634 Posts
My attitude has been and will continue to be that the operative word is "concealed", and so it should never be an issue. Being a Right-Winger behind Lefty lines is always going to be a challenge. I don't flaunt that I even OWN guns (no t-shirts or stickers or branded clothing), let alone that I carry one (or more) every day. If someone wants to ask about the bulge in my pants I will be glad to give them an uncomfortable (and probably also not HR-friendly) answer and walk away. What I have in my pants is my business. I'm legally allowed to own everything I own and I'm licensed to carry the appropriate ones concealed. End of story.

Thanks for the discussion everyone. It's nice to have a place to just talk about stuff. My wife is the only person in my day-to-day that knows what's up, and she gets tired of hearing about it from me sometimes lol.
Yeah, my wifes like that too.:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
My work has no "official" policy in the books, and most people in Indiana are pro-gun, BUT.
I carry either one of my LCP's in the front pocket, with a spare magazine in the off pocket. They are practically impossible to see, and I sure don't let anyone know anything about it.

·
Premium Member
9,127 Posts
It helps when you write the policy ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I carry either one of my LCP's in the front pocket, with a spare magazine in the off pocket. They are practically impossible to see, and I sure don't let anyone know anything about it.
I've got a SW BG380 in pocket, and a subcompact Beretta .40 on my hip, OWB with an open oversized button down shirt or zip-up hoodie over a tucked in t-shirt. So far I've been good, but I've had the thought that the BG380 *should* be enough. But then I also like having the heavier-hitter available.

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
I can carry concealed at school in Utah, it's legal, with a regular old CCW permit. And we just had constitutional carry clear the committee so it could be voted on soon . . . The new law will retain the permit system, so you can still get the permit if you want. I guess that's for the out of state customers.
I heard if you go out of the State of Utah you will need a Utah permit to carry a concealed firearm still in most other States legally. I do not think many States will do reciprocity on Utah Constitutional carry.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,709 Posts
I heard if you go out of the State of Utah you will need a Utah permit to carry a concealed firearm still in most other States legally. I do not think many States will do reciprocity on Utah Constitutional carry.
Most states do not honor constitutional carry from other states. Hence you need to keep your permit if you want to carry in other states and thats if they will honor the other states permit. And those are at the whim of that states AG

·
Premium Member
35,568 Posts
Good points!

·
Premium Member
21,073 Posts
Maybe if they have constitutional carry themselves. However they might not extend it to non residents. Get the illegal carrying permit and check the laws of the other states before traveling there.

What I find stupid is passing through Dayton Ohio on I-75 there is a 10rd mag limit. :confused: Not sure how that would play out.

Dayton is a shitty place to be in a big rig. They hate trucks and a city councilman back in 2010 had a towing $ervice. Mag limits didn't come into play at that downtown shooting they had a few years back.

·
I Stand With Talon
6,439 Posts
How would it play out?

Not a real issue if you comply with the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986 / 18 U.S. Code § 926A.

·
Premium Member
21,073 Posts
How would it play out?

Not a real issue if you comply with the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986 / 18 U.S. Code § 926A.
Which the officer may or may not be aware of. Cops don't know every law.

So if the unaware armed citizen walked into a convenience store with his Glock and was open carrying in Dayton (as I believe it is legal) and a cop getting his coffee sees a 19 with a +2? Inquiring minds would ask; "what if?"

Reactions: Rabidwookie
21 - 40 of 66 Posts