Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,650 Posts
I live in upstate NY too. My work will fire you on the spot if you're caught with any type of weapon on premise. I have a lock box in my truck that I use before going into the plant and through a metal detector.
They can't fire you for talking about guns but in today's environment I'd be careful and stick to people you know hunt or carry.
I belong to several Gun clubs so I usually do my BS ing at the range.
Most plants around here have prohibited any firearm on their property for the last 40 years or more. If found to have one on you, you are fired immediately. Course every so often some knucklehead has to try it.
When caught they like to claim their rights were violated. Idiots.

·
Registered
643 Posts
That sounds like a threat. Be careful what you wish for.
One would have to suffer from childish paranoia to perceive that as a threat. Regardless, it must have been taken as such. I will attempt to be more gentle in the future so as not to upset the fragile self esteem of those involved.

·
Super Moderator
28,307 Posts
One would have to suffer from childish paranoia to perceive that as a threat. Regardless, it must have been taken as such. I will attempt to be more gentle in the future so as not to upset the fragile self esteem of those involved.
Officially speaking here... Stop trying to start a fight while trying to make it look like you're the aggrieved. Don't poke the bear. No one is being fooled and it doesn't lead anywhere good.

C'mon, man. You just got back. Don't pick a fight just to soothe a wounded pride.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Officially speaking here... Stop trying to start a fight while trying to make it look like you're the aggrieved. Don't poke the bear. No one is being fooled and it doesn't lead anywhere good.

C'mon, man. You just got back. Don't pick a fight just to soothe a wounded pride.
I'm not picking a fight nor soothing any wounded pride. I'm just saying that I have seen more egregious comments that didn't garner a similar response. Just an observation.

·
Super Moderator
28,307 Posts
I'm not picking a fight nor soothing any wounded pride. I'm just saying that I have seen more egregious comments that didn't garner a similar response. Just an observation.
And I'm saying stow the passive aggressive fight picking. I don't think I can be more clear than that.

Just make like nothing ever happened and get on with being a contributing member to the forum.

·
Registered
643 Posts
...get on with being a contributing member to the forum.
That's what I'm doing, but isn't it appropriate that both sides are heard? Regardless, I will drop the issue so as not to further any heartburn.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts