Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 40 of 112 Posts
G

·
I've carried about 9yrs now.My current edc is a g-19 and spare mag with a cobra derringer in 38spl.as a bug and a buck knife.I'm looking into swapping out the derringer for a kel-tec p3at.Ex 11 bravo 79-83.

· Banned
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
not military. Carry S&W M&P9C most of the time, Kel-Tec P-11 the remainder.
Nice i just picked up a s&w m&p 9mm today got a great deal on it -used for 295.00 how could i turn that down havent got to shoot it yet though as i was on my way into work it does feel really good though (even if it isnt a 1911 :wink: )

G

·
I am a cheap bastid: RIA 1911. Only custom thing done was ad a pachmyr rubber wrap around grip to it. I plan on Wolf recoil spring, bobbed hammer and matching grip safety till I decide to change weapons.

· Banned
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I am a cheap bastid: RIA 1911. Only custom thing done was ad a pachmyr rubber wrap around grip to it. I plan on Wolf recoil spring, bobbed hammer and matching grip safety till I decide to change weapons.
Hey man there is nothing wrong with rock island arms they are still pretty good 1911's and it is a mill spec so the possiblitys are endless i would like to pick one up just to play with and see what kind of sick and twisted things i could do to it. :lol:

G

·
Hey man there is nothing wrong with rock island arms they are still pretty good 1911's and it is a mill spec so the possiblitys are endless i would like to pick one up just to play with and see what kind of sick and twisted things i could do to it. :lol:
Ohh, I didnt mean to say that my RIA was less than what it is, by far it is more than I expect! I agree wholeheartedly what you said. I bought mine, because it was the timing: I had the cash, had a source of a GI style parked 1911...and that RIA 1911 was it. I remember handling my fathers GI issue 1911 in Germany, and that stuck with me. Seeing it in all the old war movies also kept up my interest in a 1911 as well. Others may have had problems with RIA 1911's, but since I figured out which of the many 1911 mags I have that feeds reliably, NO problems whatsoever with it. It is my carry gun.
On a different tangent, others may declare the metallurgy differences between a RIA vs Springfiled GI pistols, etc etc. I have to tell you of a story, shooting next to another shooter, who had a GI Springer. He watched how it functioned flawlessly round after round...and gathering brass, I got to talking with him. He bought his Springer direct from them, for an absurdly low price of $300 :shock: And yet, he had to "tune" his pistol to eject like it should, instead of back into his face. He made mention that "I like how your Springfield ejects..." I didnt have the heart to tell him mine was a RIA 1911, with no mods aside of finding the right magazines that fed well.

I have other stories, like my "lowly" JHP vs a vaunted XD40...but thats for later times. Dang, I miss the old thread, for it is there still :wink:

· Registered
1,808 Posts
robertgreen_86 - good for you. I really like my M&P a lot. The choice was the M&P or the XDSC, and it was 51/49 that led me to the M&P. But it proves to be a good decision.

Now, if I could only stop looking at XD's on line.......

· Premium Member
736 Posts
not x-military, fishing or some muddy places where gun could be lost or get completely filthy then its the HP .40 summer when clothing is more thin PA-63 9x18 makarov, winter when more clothing is worn and a firearm is more concealable it's usually the ruger P944 .40 and occasionally the PA-63

G

·
Non-military. Glock 21 (+1 mag/27 total rounds of Federal HST .45+P) on the hip for a couple months now. I'm a big guy, and with a light jacket, no one has ever noticed it that I'm aware of. The folks I'm living with on the other hand know, and have some issue with it. Will be moving to something in the waistband here soon, maybe a G19 with a tuck holster.

· Registered
409 Posts
Hopfully a hi-point as long as there isn't a problem with me carrying one

G

·
Hopfully a hi-point as long as there isn't a problem with me carrying one
No problem with a Hi-Point: I only have a JHP, and if you held/fired seen one, its a pretty bulky firearm. That, and I dont have a decent carry holster for it. It functions just fine, and it is doing Nightstand duty for me.

· Registered
2,440 Posts
I have c9 in the glove compartment of my car. The 9mm PA-63 (9x18) is my carry on person weapon right now, but I have carried the c9 and the .380 at various times. I've even dropped the .25AUTO 99 in my shorts pocket a time or two. It's just hard to conceal the c-9 under light clothing but it is my favorite pistol.

G

·
no military experience (too fat, they didn't want me)

For serious social occasions (which is anytime I'm dressed) I carry a Taurus PT145 in a Smartcarry. 10+1 of .45ACP, plus another 10 if I have to reload. If I'm just throwing on a pair of shorts to run outside or something quick, it's a Kel-tec P32 in a pocket holster.

For me the Hi-Point is just too bulky to consider carrying. Being somewhat (yeah, right) overweight (I'm just not tall enough) I have to watch what I carry as it will either poke me in a way I don't like or print badly, which I why I use the Smartcarry. I've tried to carry IWB, which I can do as long as I'm wearing some type of cover garment, but in Florida that just doesn't happen much.

I'd have no qualms about carrying a Hi-Point as far as reliability or getting the job done, but for me they are just too big and heavy.

· Registered
4,294 Posts
Hi-Point C9, 1 full mag. Used to carry in messenger bag wedged in console of the cab when I did drive. When I do carry nowadays, in the the Vespa's glovebox with the aftermarket auto-open ignition upgrade or straight open.

Non-military, but I think ages 0 to 15 spent in on the Ulster Front-side of Belfast in the 80's qualifies me otherwise :p

21 - 40 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.