Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,850 Posts
A. Welcome to the asylum.

B. Please familiarize yourself with THE RULES and proper posting etiquette.

C. Its a 9mm center fire pistol.

D. How much firearms experience do you have?

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,933 Posts
Thos tells me you need help and training. Having any reliable friends or family familiar with firearms? Sign up for some classes if possible. Seriously get some help. Its a fun sport/hobby/ self defense. But its extremely dangerous in the wrong hands.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A. Welcome to the asylum.

B. Please familiarize yourself with THE RULES and proper posting etiquette.

C. Its a 9mm center fire pistol.

D. How much firearms experience do you have?
I was in the National Guard for 6 years but had very little hand gun experience. Mostly rifles, M-1, M-14, M-16, 30 cal Machine guns. Fired a 45 cal a few times. That was 57 years ago!!

·
Premium Member
36,655 Posts
That explains a few things.

Welcome to the group. If you have any issues or questions, bring them here. You may get razzed a bit, but you’ll also get answers.👍

·
Super Moderator
25,850 Posts
I was in the National Guard for 6 years but had very little hand gun experience. Mostly rifles, M-1, M-14, M-16, 30 cal Machine guns. Fired a 45 cal a few times. That was 57 years ago!!
That definitely brings things in to perspective. Pistol quals tended to be MOS and unit commander dependant once a Marine hit the fleet so I imagine it was much the same in the Guard and Army.

Reactions: rackets34

·
Resident PITA
16,163 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,850 Posts
Acknowledged instead of immediately deleted? I guess that's progress.
You were always given the reason why via the built-in notification system from the software. Whether you get them or not is not under our control.

Do you really want to pick a fight about how the staff does things right now or are you just cranky? Because if that's what you want to do we can haul all that baggage to DM, we'll loop in at least one other staffer, and you can air out all your shit, then you'll have to let it drop. OR you can just continue being snarky about it out in the open and hope that one of our three or four Evil Overlords don't see you foaming at the mouth and decide you're just a nuisance and put you down.

Now it's up to you how this goes, but those are more or less your only options.

·
Resident PITA
16,163 Posts
You were always given the reason why via the built-in notification system from the software. Whether you get them or not is not under our control.

Do you really want to pick a fight about how the staff does things right now or are you just cranky? Because if that's what you want to do we can haul all that baggage to DM, we'll loop in at least one other staffer, and you can air out all your shit, then you'll have to let it drop. OR you can just continue being snarky about it out in the open and hope that one of our three or four Evil Overlords don't see you foaming at the mouth and decide you're just a nuisance and put you down.

Yea. I'm the cranky one.

·
Premium Member
36,655 Posts
That definitely brings things in to perspective. Pistol quals tended to be MOS and unit commander dependant once a Marine hit the fleet so I imagine it was much the same in the Guard and Army.
Not sure how the guard or reserve does it, but my ordnance unit of 210 people had about 15 pistols in the arms room. Commander, XO, top kick, platoon leaders, platoon sergeants, plus a few spares.

Any time my platoon sgt had his on, I stayed behind him or out of his sight as much as possible, and made sure I knew exactly where my medic was just in case he shot himself by accident.

So we enlisted NEVER shot handguns, and I only ever saw two officers qualify in 4 years, despite being the guy in charge of the vehicles going to ranges.

·
Registered
784 Posts

Yikes.

Reactions: OVERKILL

·
Super Moderator
25,850 Posts
Yea. I'm the cranky one.
Well let's put this in perspective. Let's say you were managing a privately owned establishment with a posted set of rules and etiquette that was open and accessible to the general public and every day I randomly walked in and told you sucked, you didn't know how to do your job, then started insulting the intelligence of your customers, attack anyone who walked in the door if they said something I think is dumb, occasionally I'll chime in with some useful piece of information if somebody I liked brought it up, and then I would deliberately go out of my way to insert myself in to conversations that had nothing to do with me just so I could remind you of the times you were mean to me because you got tired of my shit and whacked me in the ting ting.

So the TLDR of this story? Don't be a dick just to be a dick then complain that your pee pee got stomped on.

I like you, respect you, and value your opinion on most things, but I can only let you push your luck so far before I'm forced to be a manager and not a member.

·
Premium Member
36,655 Posts
To be fair….that notification system is far from obvious and useful. I never got any info either when I got whacked. Still haven’t got a clue how to turn it on, though I do get notices on threads I follow.

Of course, that’s not a thing Rach is in control of, I’m not throwing shade there, just stating my experience.

Reactions: OVERKILL

·
Resident PITA
16,163 Posts
Shhhhh.. I'm just happy I've learned to joke about something that doesn't need to be removed. Well that, and I got Rach to publicly admit he likes me.

·
Administrator
29,152 Posts
To be fair….that notification system is far from obvious and useful. I never got any info either when I got whacked. Still haven’t got a clue how to turn it on, though I do get notices on threads I follow.

Of course, that’s not a thing Rach is in control of, I’m not throwing shade there, just stating my experience.
The current forum software has a Radio Button click in the reported posts resolution process. It contains a Text Box. We click the radio button and put a description of why the deletion or other moderation event was being taken and the forum software is supposed to send it to the user. IMS, it goes to the user's DM.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Super Moderator
25,850 Posts
The time period Ajole is referring to is from the two previous software systems used which also had the option to notify a user of why their posts were moderated during the moderation process as well as a resolution notification that will only be delivered to the person who reported the post, NOT to the user who's content was modified. To notify that user, one would be required to do so during the actual moderation of said content.

The notification of moderation and the "Reason" are not sent as a DM, but as an alert notification, as you can see here:
Product Font Screenshot Communication Device Parallel

So if you don't actually take the time to read through your alert page to see the likes, tags, and new post notifications then you'll never see the alerts that your posts were modified and think that they just moved magically with no warning.

Reactions: ajole

·
Premium Member
36,655 Posts
Oh….well no wonder I never saw it. No way I’m reading through a pile of “Jonnycake liked your post” notifications.
I really don’t need external validation like that.
Sounds like this system was written with people younger than me in mind….like people that can actually find things on Facebook from more than a day ago….😂

·
Super Moderator
25,850 Posts
Yeah... I mean I can show you how to turn off all of the other notifications and be left with nothing but system alerts, however it's a bit tedious and annoying. Very tedious and annoying...

Reactions: ajole
1 - 20 of 22 Posts