Central Arizona shooters - AZGFD ranges are open

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by LowRoad, Jul 17, 2020.

1. LowRoad

LowRoad Member

If you're in the Phoenix area and looking for a place to shoot, it can be difficult this time of year due to fire restrictions. The public health crisis makes it even more challenging, so I was happy to discover that the AZGFD ranges are open; they're using an online reservation system.

Reservations can be made for up to two people per table with the rule being that the two people have to live in the same household. You can pick your table and time. They're open Wednesday through Sunday, with four shooting times beginning at 7am. You get 90 minutes, but shooting time stops 10 minutes before your time expires. They cease fire on the half hour, so you're shooting time will be about 20 minutes x 3. Cost for the 100yd rifle and pistol paper target range is $7.50 per person; non-refundable. I just checked availablity and they have 12 time slots open between now and August 16th. This is for Ben Avery, but you could also look at Joe Foss south of Buckeye.

https://bookben.azgfd.com/product-category/rifle-pistol-range/

Rerun likes this.
  2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Not a hi point specific topic. Moved to range reports.

3. Bullitt68

Bullitt68 Member

Pima county .gov operates 3 ranges, one temp closed. But the best one is the
    Southeast Regional Park Shooting Range

4. LowRoad

LowRoad Member

I saw the range reports topic after posting, but will try to do better next time! :) My apologies for the extra work. :cheers:

5. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

My thumb needed the exercise.