Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,360 Posts
Not if it's actually broken................
Which was my point. Better off letting mom look at it and putting the money towards ammo for when it gets back...

I don't even own a .380ACP and I just threw down on 200 90gr XTP's and 300 100gr X-treme RNFP's

Drinkware Barware Drink Alcoholic beverage Candle

Automotive tire Office equipment Gas Audio equipment Circle

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,346 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,346 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,271 Posts
Pretty sure the gun still works. I just need to lube it up a little. If it's only worth $80 I'll just keep it, and buy a new one anyway.
.380 is a rather expensive round. Lately hard to find too. Subcompact 9's pack more punch, cheaper ammo, and usually more capacity. I know 10 is your mandated mag size for now. Spares and practicing mag changes is a gun idea.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jumping in, and my first post here on this forum. I have a C9 on my wish list, because they work, and it really is what I can afford. I've seen and read lots of people knocking the Hi-Points like some dog they love to kick. Stop it! Three things need done at the factory on every Hi-Point. 1. Smooth out the ramp to the barrel with some prep work using whatever works best. It should be shinny/polished smooth, and treated with a silicone based lubricant that will soak into the now shinny metal. Now, the magazines need the back of the bullet to not lift out, so the magazine needs to be checked, and made to fit the slide at the highest part of the magazine, by closing the gap to just fit the slide. 2. Next, make sure the front of the magazine is not dragging on the front part of the bullet's casing, and causing nose dives, and widen that gap as needed. Now the path of the bullet on feed is level halfway out for the back of the round, with the nose angling upward as it is pushed into the chamber. Then the rear of the bullet pops up as it reaches the end of the magazine's guide fingers. 3. I intend to spray my slide, bullets, and magazine with non-stick silicone (non-cooking spray i.e. silicone oil, sorry for the joke). Laugh if you want, but I know it will take care of the gun well. Just spray it and wipe it down, leaving a film of oil inside it. There should be no break in period now. Note to Hi-Point designers: re-enforce the top of the magazines, by switching to a stainless steel top cap portion that attaches to the lower metal or plastic portion.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,346 Posts
Jumping in, and my first post here on this forum. I have a C9 on my wish list, because they work, and it really is what I can afford. I've seen and read lots of people knocking the Hi-Points like some dog they love to kick. Stop it! Two things need done at the factory on every Hi-Point. 1. Smooth out the ramp to the barrel with some prep work using whatever works best. It should be shinny/polished smooth, and treated with a silicone based lubricant that will soak into the now shinny metal. Now, the magazines need the back of the bullet to not lift out, so the magazine needs to be checked, and made to fit the slide at the highest part of the magazine, by closing the gap to just fit the slide. 2. Next, make sure the front of the magazine is not dragging on the front part of the bullet's casing, and causing nose dives, and widen that gap as needed. Now the path of the bullet on feed is level halfway out for the back of the round, with the nose angling upward as it is pushed into the chamber. Then the rear of the bullet pops up as it reaches the end of the magazine's guide fingers. 3. I intend to spray my slide, bullets, and magazine with non-stick silicone cooking stray. Laugh if you want, but I know it will take care of the gun well. Just spay it and wipe it down, leaving a film of oil inside it. There should be no break in period now. Note to Hi-Point designers: re-enforce the top of the magazines, but switching to a stainless steel cap portion that attaches to the lower metal or plastic lower part.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
22,271 Posts
Jumping in, and my first post here on this forum. I have a C9 on my wish list, because they work, and it really is what I can afford. I've seen and read lots of people knocking the Hi-Points like some dog they love to kick. Stop it! Two things need done at the factory on every Hi-Point. 1. Smooth out the ramp to the barrel with some prep work using whatever works best. It should be shinny/polished smooth, and treated with a silicone based lubricant that will soak into the now shinny metal. Now, the magazines need the back of the bullet to not lift out, so the magazine needs to be checked, and made to fit the slide at the highest part of the magazine, by closing the gap to just fit the slide. 2. Next, make sure the front of the magazine is not dragging on the front part of the bullet's casing, and causing nose dives, and widen that gap as needed. Now the path of the bullet on feed is level halfway out for the back of the round, with the nose angling upward as it is pushed into the chamber. Then the rear of the bullet pops up as it reaches the end of the magazine's guide fingers. 3. I intend to spray my slide, bullets, and magazine with non-stick silicone cooking stray. Laugh if you want, but I know it will take care of the gun well. Just spay it and wipe it down, leaving a film of oil inside it. There should be no break in period now. Note to Hi-Point designers: re-enforce the top of the magazines, but switching to a stainless steel cap portion that attaches to the lower metal or plastic lower part.
Cooking spray is silicone? I doubt that. There is veggie, or olive oil of some sort in it. Probably gum it up. Polish the ramp? Why? I have several of the pistols. Never have touched the ramp. (The feed ramps are made out of recycled belly button lint and toe jam.) Mine all feed 100% If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Do you own a Hi-Point?

Do you own a firearm?

Have you owned firearms?

If so what do you own? Or have owned.

Just trying to get a point of reference on the new guy. We have been getting a bunch of new people here due to their feeling a pressing need to buy a firearm due to the times we are living in. They watch y0utoob and bUbba told them to fuck with something they have no experience with. Bubba is frequently wrong.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cooking spray is silicone? I doubt that. There is veggie, or olive oil of some sort in it. Probably gum it up. Polish the ramp? Why? I have several of the pistols. Never have touched the ramp. (The feed ramps are made out of recycled belly button lint and toe jam.) Mine all feed 100% If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Do you own a Hi-Point?

Do you own a firearm?

Have you owned firearms?

If so what do you own? Or have owned.

Just trying to get a point of reference on the new guy. We have been getting a bunch of new people here due to their feeling a pressing need to buy a firearm due to the times we are living in. They watch y0utoob and bUbba told them to fuck with something they have no experience with. Bubba is frequently wrong.

Welcome to the forum!
Sorry, bad joke about using cooking spray. I'll spray with silicone oil. Plenty of shooters not named Bubba recommends the checks and procedures to remedy the Hi-Point feed issues due to the magazines, and feed ramp. Just take a look at the Hi-Point video on how to disassemble the C9 and see the scoring on the slide, and feed ramp of that gun. It's clear to everyone, there is a need to fix this issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I believe this will work okay on my new Hi-Point C9 and 995TS when I get them... Robot or human?

3-IN-ONE Silicone Drip Oil, 4 oz

• Lubricates, waterproofs and protects in temperatures between -100°F To 500°F.
  • Safely works on multiple surfaces, including plastic, metal and rubber.
  • Dries quickly and leaves no messy residue.

·
Premium Member
36,948 Posts
Sorry, bad joke about using cooking spray. I'll spray with silicone oil. Plenty of shooters not named Bubba recommends the checks and procedures to remedy the Hi-Point feed issues due to the magazines, and feed ramp. Just take a look at the Hi-Point video on how to disassemble the C9 and see the scoring on the slide, and feed ramp of that gun. It's clear to everyone, there is a need to fix this issue.
They may not be named Bubba, but if they are saying you need to polish the feed ramp, they are either channeling Bubba’s spirit, or are direct descendants of Bubba and his cousin-wife.

Take a look at the freaking video? How about I look at one of my 18 (or more) Hi Points, all of which run just fine without polishing the feed ramp?

Now, the part about tweaking the mag…..that is a real thing.👍

·
Registered
10 Posts
They may not be named Bubba, but if they are saying you need to polish the feed ramp, they are either channeling Bubba’s spirit, or are direct descendants of Bubba and his cousin-wife.

Take a look at the freaking video? How about I look at one of my 18 (or more) Hi Points, all of which run just fine without polishing the feed ramp?

Now, the part about tweaking the mag…..that is a real thing.👍
Unbeknownst to you, the polishing of your feed ramp happened by firing rounds through it. I can't do it in less than 1 round. If you are one of the unlucky ones to get a problematic magazine, your ramp would look like bullets plowed a line in the ramp and took off the black powder coat. Plenty of channels on YouTube with huge followings have given this advice to polish/sand the loading ramp.

·
Premium Member
36,948 Posts
Unbeknownst to you, the polishing of your feed ramp happened by firing rounds through it.
No crap, Charlie. That’s why I called out your desire to polish the thing. So make up your mind already.
Unbeknownst to you, we all know that little bit of basic knowledge.

I can't do it in less than 1 round. If you are one of the unlucky ones to get a problematic magazine, your ramp would look like bullets plowed a line in the ramp and took off the black powder coat. Plenty of channels on YouTube with huge followings have given this advice to polish/sand the loading ramp.
Channels with HUGE followings?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

GMAFB. That doesn’t make them experts. AOC has a huge following, are you going to take her advice about cow farts and global warming?

·
Registered
10 Posts
No crap, Charlie. That’s why I called out your desire to polish the thing. So make up your mind already.
Unbeknownst to you, we all know that little bit of basic knowledge.

QUOTE="craig.janeway, post: 2726980, member: 75874"] I can't do it in less than 1 round. If you are one of the unlucky ones to get a problematic magazine, your ramp would look like bullets plowed a line in the ramp and took off the black powder coat. Plenty of channels on YouTube with huge followings have given this advice to polish/sand the loading ramp.
Channels with HUGE followings?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

GMAFB. That doesn’t make them experts. AOC has a huge following, are you going to take her advice about cow farts and global warming?
[/QUOTE]
Have a nice day.

·
Premium Member
36,948 Posts
I’m doing good so far, got to shoot a few shotguns, eat some pizza, and now I’m watching disc golf on the tube.

Hope you have a good one too.

·
Premium Member
26,360 Posts
My post to ajole to have a nice day is not here? Oh, well. Never mind. I see it now.
Your quote chain got screwed up and left with an open ended bracket so it got chopped up. You can edit it to fix it...

Reactions: craig.janeway

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,346 Posts
Great. Now your going to tell us and show us how these guns work. From Youtubers. You realize the members here are the experts on these guns. NVM. Keep posting

61 - 80 of 83 Posts