CF380 going bye-bye

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by greg_r, Feb 21, 2015.

1. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Daughter has been pressuring me to let her have it. I just relented. It has been reliable except for some junk reloads that nothing else would shoot either. I have no doubt that it will protect her and my granddaughters well.

2. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

That's just fantastic! It's great to see that your 380 is going to live a second life. Now if you take her out for a day at the range and bring us back some range report pictures...

3. greg_r

Well, looks like she changed her mind. I'll be keeping the 380 and the 3895 is back on the radar.

4. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    Curious - does she want a different gun or just decided not to have a gun?

5. greg_r

Seems like one of here police officer neighbors changed her mind. Now she wants a Glock 42 in Tiffany Blue.

6. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    Hope she gets a chance to at least handle one and better shoot one first, before she spends that much.

7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    A Fanboi claims another one.

8. papataylor

papataylor Member

My fiancé picked a glock 42.... And I hate glocks....

9. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Has your daughter shot the HP .380 at all?
    That might be a way to turn her back from evil and darkness....

10. Maybe the LE neighbor should offer to get her the Gluck at his discount.

11. greg_r

Yeah, she shot it, and he is taking her to police supply to let her buy it. Don't know what the cost will be, but she has to save up for it.

12. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

That's nice of him. Still hate glocks.

13. HP-C9

HP-C9 Member

She would be better off with a CF-380 now then save up for anything. Then if she wants something smaller and lighter getting something like a Bersa Thunder 380 would be better than a Glock.

14. basically the adage.. it's better to have a hp in time of need than a glock on lay-a-way..

I would suggest getting the HP then save up for the glock. then use HP for back up and / or target practicing / plinking. but that is just me...

15. Browning 9 Guy

Browning 9 Guy Premium Supporter Member

Stick with the CF -380

Glocks have never been on my radar but I do like the Glock 42. Still, she should stay with the CF-380 and use the $$ to stock in ammo.

16. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

The 41 or the 42 are the only Glocks I'd consider buying.
    It's a little expensive for a first time gun owner though.

17. osbornk

osbornk Hillbilly on a motorcycle Member

After having a C9 for several years, I decided to get a lighter gun that was more affordable than a Glock. I paid $289.99 for a S & W SD9VE that is almost identical to a Glock 19 in both function, weight and size (and a lifetime warranty). I followed that up with a little Taurus TCP-738 which is a little 10.2 ounce 380 for $199.99 (also with a lifetime warranty). I bought 2 great shooting guns with a lifetime warranty for less than the cost of one Glock. Traded my flawless C9 to my next door neighbor for a 38 Special Taurus revolver. Everyone is happy.

18. greg_r

Yes, I am a 380 aficionado and have a few. She shot many from the tiny mouse guns to the Hi Point which is my biggest/ heaviest. She initially chose the Hi Point because it was easier to shoot. She liked the Sig best, but not ready or able to spend that kind of money.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  19. greg_r

The 42 is a good shooter. She said her police friend said he depended on his Glock every day. And the 42 was his backup. I don't know what he said about Hi Points but I told her I carry the CF380 every day, it's my car gun, and I wouldn't carry it if it was not reliable.

20. greg_r

She is no stranger to firearms, having grown up around them. And she is protected, just wants her own handgun. Don't want you folks thinking I would let her be otherwise.