CF380 vs CF380 Comp

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by wingman, Mar 16, 2015.

1. wingman

wingman Member

Does the compensator on the CF380 serve any purpose, or is it just a decoration that increases the barrel length? Are there any other differences between the two models? Thanks!

2. papataylor

papataylor Member

Compensators are used for decreasing felt recoil and minimizing muzzle flip. I'd imagine that's what is the difference between the two

3. bluharley

bluharley Member

Considering it's a .380, and a heavy one at that, that compensator probably does next to nothing.

4. papataylor

papataylor Member

More than likely.

5. wingman

wingman Member

Thanks for the replies. The reason I asked the question is that I went to buy a CF 380 at my LGS this morning. He did not have any in stock ,and none of his distributors had any in stock. 380 Comps were plentiful. I don't like useless things on firearms, so I think I will wait a week or two and see if the CF380 comes back in stock. Thanks again!

6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

The compensator is apparently more popular then the regular version though.
    You can always take the compensator off an just shoot it with the slightly longer barrel.
    Or at some point thread it for a silencer.

7. wingman

wingman Member

Does Hi Point still make the Comp version? If so, I can't find it on their website.

8. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

MoM re-issued the 380 Compensator last year. Look around, I see them all over the place. I bought a new one last year & bought another one last month by mistake, don't ask!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  9. bluharley

bluharley Member

C'mon, how'd you do that?

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I can't check mine right now, but doesn't the comp have some sort of rail you can hang a light or laser from?

11. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Yep sure does

12. patrickn

patrickn Member

.380 recoil factor: 2.58 ft-lb
    .380comp recoil factor: 2.13 ft-lb
    for additional comparison:
    C9-9mm recoil factor: 4.63 ft-lb

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It looks better, and the extra barrel length "should" add a few fps to the velocity.

Mine is pretty accurate: This is a full mag at 10 yards, slow fire, unsupported.

[​IMG]

14. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Yes it is like a dove-tail in size.