Cheap Red Dot

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by fell, Nov 12, 2020.

1. fell

fell Member

Looking for a cheap red dot scope to put on AR rifles I 'put out to pasture' to some of my customers. They spend $700 on an AR, then give me a Liberal cry when they can't get sights for under $100. Personally I recommend the Bushnell TSR, but thats ~$135.

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Huh? On Amazon, the TRS-25 is $80.
    But....I got one that had a lens fall right out of it, the first trip to the range.

So...here you go: I have the cheaper more tubular version of this one, and I like it.

https://www.amazon.com/Predator-Inc...scope&qid=1605202279&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-17

Mine:
    https://www.amazon.com/Tacticon-Arm...scope&qid=1605202332&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-16

fell likes this.

3. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

Tasco proline red dot. $33.00 walmart. You said cheap, Unless you look on Amazon, that’s about as good as cheap as it gets.

Shaun Meeds, SWAGA and undeRGRound like this.
  4. Spider

Spider Lifetime Supporter

I just bought a Feyachi RDS-25 for 35.99, haven’t tried it yet but has over 1700 reviews at 4.75 stars.

undeRGRound likes this.
  5. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    Rabidwookie and fell like this.
  6. TNTRAILERTRASH

Chef Duane likes this.
  7. fell

fell Member

8. fell

fell Member

thanks for the lead man, i'll check it out

9. fell

fell Member

10. Hey... I like the culinary reference!!

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  11. Delbert

Delbert Member

Bushnell TRS25 or TRS32 are some great "Trophy" lineup red dot scopes. I put a TRS32 on my 7.62x39 I built this year and got a deer with it, but this scope has been on a few other rifles I have, like a HP 4095TS(40 caliber), '65 WesternField 30-30, and also my first AR15(DPMS Oracle 5.56) I got back in 2011 and a couple built AR's for testing gun functions and accuracy before putting on other sights I wanted. It's always held POA once set up with no battery problems of contact on recoils.
    Sightmark 1x33 or their Holographic lineup.
    Vortex
    TruGlo makes some decent Red Dot.
    FireField from Amazon seems to get quite good ratings.

Primary Arms/HoloSun(manufacturerers of PA lineup) are VERY good, but with their good results over the years, they seem to think they're Leupold in pricing anymore, but they are excellent scopes/sights with great CS when needed. I have a first model from years ago of HoloSun 403A(battery protected between scope and mount--sucks to replace), but with 50K battery life and shake to wake RD, water-proof and NV capable, it's still a great scope after almost 7yrs and battery still works, but it is a bedside AR it's on. I think I should change for a fresh battery after all this time, but wanted to see if the system really did work for battery life of sitting and using once in awhile.

If one wants cheap, I would want to be looking at some "springer pellet gun" scopes that have the lens' glued/staked on both sides for more durable recoil abuses that make them hold up better to real gun recoils.
    Also, the internals of a "springer" gun scope is made more durable due to the harshness of a break-barrel springer.

Surprisingly, this is where the lowly BSA Bug Buster model scopes shine for the price of about $100 and many times less depending on variable power.
    Also, Walmart Center Point scopes are quite good and they now have a Red Dot, but I don't know how good it is for around $50.

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  12. TNTRAILERTRASH

TRS25 on my Extar9. Didn't have it out for over a year. @26yds it was consistently pinging 8" steel.

13. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

@TNTRAILERTRASH The Pinty scopes are actually great for the price... I hate to admit it. I bought a couple of their "Pro" series:

https://pintydevices.com/collections/pinty-pro/products/dot-sight-rgs-hd45-rd

https://pintydevices.com/collections/pinty-pro/products/dot-sight-dss-0t1l-bk

Got the one for $36.00 and the second for $19.99.

Add stuff to cart then leave and they send you either a 10 or 15% discount code to complete your order lol. Free shipping over $30.

Anyway liked them, put a decent amount of shots downrange, they held up pretty good. So far so good I guess.

Anyway since they seemed to be holding up well I actually picked up my 3rd:

https://pintydevices.com/collections/red-dot/products/red-dot-rgs-0130-rd

I wanted a red dot to put on my WASR and it sits nice and low on the side rail mount. Haven't tried it but its due up pretty soon.

One thing I will say, read the descriptions for each, so you can tell what they are rated for (aka 223, 308 etc) and some (not all) have lifetime warranties. Yeah they are very inexpensive scopes, but great beaters (time will tell).

Rabidwookie and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  14. TNTRAILERTRASH

They always pass the 704Tactical water bottle beating, and drop test.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  15. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

Might need to get me one of those...

16. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

This I like, totally Ramsey lol
    :D

Rabidwookie and Visper like this.
  17. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Yeah, not like I don't have the money, but I am a "thrifty" shopper!!! Especially when it's not one of the bigger names out there. I don't feel as bad getting screwed when its only $20-30 bucks, easier to chalk it off as shoulda known better. Still curious as to their longevity, time will definitely tell.

I have a couple Firefield also from when they first started, they were waaay cheaper then. But they have taken abuse and had them for a good 4-5 years.

Same with Bear Creek arsenal stuff, took a gamble on them way back when.

I don't mind giving new pieces of equipment/new vendors a chance, only way to get known is for people to use em.

I have my go-to rifles with my go-to optics like Kobra and Eotech but man I can't afford to do that every time!!! lol

Rabidwookie and SWAGA like this.