Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a little plinker and want to try and stay under $250. Anybody know of a good .22 pistol thats around that price?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Ruger 22/45 or S&W 22A are two good rimfire pistols and can often be found under $250 New. If you want a new revolver take a look at the Heritage Arms Roughrider, most come with .22lr/.22Mag interchangable cylinders and the price range is $100-$150 new depending on the shop you are buying from.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have a S&W 22a that I got for $180 which is a great plinker / target pistol. Also have a Taurus PT22 ($215) but it's closer to a mouse gun than a plinker.

Beretta has the NEOS that can be had for under $250 if you like the "Lost in Space" look. Never shot one but almost bought it instead of the 22a but it felt a little wierd in my hand. You can get different barrels for them like you can with the 22a too.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I second Rimfire on the Heritage Arms Roughrider revolver. I have 1 that has both cylinders. It has been a good plinker for several years.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Those Beretta Neos pistols are freaking weird. I don't like them at all myself, they just don't feel right when shooting.

I have a Ruger 22/45 MKIII and I love it! I gave $240 for mine OTD with 2 mags. I've shot it a heck of a lot and it's a really great little gun. Mine has the short barrel and it's still really accurate. The sights were off when I bought it, but other than that I've had no complaints.

The take down and reassembly really isn't as bad as people seem to think. I watched a few youtube videos and had it down.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Here are two pic's of my Ruger 22/45....

5.5" Factory bull barrel with Weigand scope base and 2.5x Bushnell LER scope for squirrel hunting..

4.5" Pac Lite fluted upper used for woods walking. Have a 1" Bushnell dot sight with quick release Weaver rings for quick target aquisition and plinking fun..

I have quiet a bit more than $250 invested in this gun, but with a Ruger there's soooo much you can do.... LOL!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input guys!

I have found a S&W 22a that i am leaning towards right now...its $175. I am going to do a little more shopping around today but if i dont find one then thats the one!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I have a S&W 22a that I got for $180 which is a great plinker / target pistol. Also have a Taurus PT22 ($215) but it's closer to a mouse gun than a plinker.

Beretta has the NEOS that can be had for under $250 if you like the "Lost in Space" look. Never shot one but almost bought it instead of the 22a but it felt a little wierd in my hand. You can get different barrels for them like you can with the 22a too.

I have one. they are really great shooters. Very accurate, and as stated, they have an assortment of barrel lengths available.
Nice built in rail on top, for any weaver style mount. I put a red dot on mine for a day, but I liked the factory sights better.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Thanks for the input guys!

I have found a S&W 22a that i am leaning towards right now...its $175. I am going to do a little more shopping around today but if i dont find one then thats the one!
That's a pretty good price. I got mine used for about that.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Browning Buckmark
Best out-of-the-box trigger on the planet, VERY crisp, VERY clean, ZERO creep, and very accurate, fun to shoot, plenty of accesories out there if you decide to bubba one up. I was gonna buy a 22LR upper for one of my 1911s and have it be a dedicated .22 until I shot one of these. It was cheaper ($220) and its lighter and smaller. I love it.

And it looks better then them ugly NEOS.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.