Cheap Shoulder Holster for JCP 40

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by vvllbs, Apr 26, 2014.

1. vvllbs

vvllbs Member

I've got a Blackhawk hip holster, it's real bulky but does fine for just walking through the woods. Do you think a shoulder rig would work better for hunting season. I hunt with rifles and shot guns, the 40 is just a back up. Especially at night when the coyotes and wolves are out. Don't need a concealed rig either cause I'm a small frame guy and it would be obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

2. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

By blackhawk are you referring to a holster for a ruger blackhawk? Or is blackhawk the holster brand? I have a jcp and would like a hip holster mainly for the range. I don't plan on carting it, so looks aren't important but price is. Btw how much? Thnx

3. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Carying it. My bad

4. tim

tim Member

I had a Blackhawk for my Hi Point, I think it was like, $15, WalMart carries them, at least here in NE Ohio

5. vvllbs

vvllbs Member

It's a blackhawk holster it was under $25.00, holds the 40 and a magazine just fine

6. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Sweet! That's in my price range. I def want one. Can u post a pic pls. I may just open carry when fishing. The best spot near me is where the monongohela river and the youghiogheny river meet. Pull big channel cats all night. Also lots of drug activity near there cause it's pretty hood. A large sidearm would be comforting.

7. vvllbs

vvllbs Member

Here is a pic ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1398621008.458114.jpg

8. Amazon has some good deals on shoulder holsters all under 20 bucks just search by the make of your gun and lots come up

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  10. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Wifey bought me a hip holster for my bday! Room for an extra mag too. Fits perfect. Bulldog size19 was bout $15 ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1399778084.673331.jpg

11. rebelyankee

rebelyankee Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  12. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    I found that I preferred a shoulder rig while hunting. Didn't like the weight on my hip and found the hip holster a little awkward at times while moving, especially in brush. That's just what worked for me. I'm small framed as well, but I don't know if that's a factory.