Cheap single shots of .22

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by Dane, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    With .22 hard to find and at a good price I watched a utube video on using 22 blanks with 22 pellets loaded one at a time like muzzle loading.
    They don't recommend it and pointed out the manufacture of the blanks says not to load in any firearm.
    Well, with the disclaimer out of the way lets move on.

They seemed to fire fine out of a rifle and a pistol. Costs could be around $10 for 500 rounds depending on which pellets are used. They were pretty accurate and penetrated better than CCIs tested too.

So, for a must shoot option in .22 small game or defense these might be good to keep around.
    How long will blanks keep? They probably aren't sealed very well where crimped except for paint or something.
    There also doesn't seem to be any shortage of blanks for some reason, unlike regular .22s

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It costs $6 per 100 blanks in Lowes. Add in decent pellets, and you aren't any cheaper than Stingers, really.

But...they are on the shelf!:eek:

3. They seem to last at least 5 years. I've never systematically tested this.

I do/did have some laying around that I bought around 1990, but when I couldn't kwikly find them a few years ago I bought more. If I do find them, I'll test them.

4. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Dunno about that, work construction and hear people driving anchors all day long with them, every shot sounds different, usually a few quiet ones then a loud one then a few more quiet ones, then a dud. Thats the hilti anchor guns and rounds, hilti is about the best there is and still not very consistent.

5. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I need to stop into Lowes or HD and price them. Video showed a lot cheaper. They are available though. Sure that isn't 500 for $6?

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  7. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Well they aren't as cheap as I would have hoped, but at least they are available.

8. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

We used to put cleaning rods in our A2s to shoot pigs in HI. Worked good. Kids don't try it at home

9. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I found them on ZORO for under $5 shipped/100 for the yellow tipped. Green tipped costs more. Wonder the difference.
    Was hoping for better ,but better than local though.

10. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

the color difference is the powder charge cant remember which is which though

11. Johnny_B_Goode

Johnny_B_Goode Member

Hilti runs on strips..You just cycle the action to shoot 10. Hilti is the fastest fastener. They make a variety of break down single shots to hammer fasteners. The single shots have their purpose...

12. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

I had a Remington that needed a hammer to strike it. The yellow loads were always my favorite.

I bought these today instead.

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1420070803.595772.jpg