·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
Nice. How's it shoot?

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
I like that the rear sight is moved towards the rear.

eldar

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts
I like that the rear sight is moved towards the rear.

eldar
The rear sight is in the normal place. It just has a rail on the dust cover with a red dot on it.

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
The rear sight is in the normal place. It just has a rail on the dust cover with a red dot on it.
On the typical AK, the rear sight near the where the barrel connects to the receiver giving one about 15" of sight radius.

This one has the rear sight closer to the stock giving a sight radius of nearly 25".

eldar

·
Administrator
24,790 Posts
On the typical AK, the rear sight near the where the barrel connects to the receiver giving one about 15" of sight radius.

This one has the rear sight closer to the stock giving a sight radius of nearly 25".

eldar
Zoom in on the picture. The factory rear iron leaf is still there, in place, as Ajole pointed out. Along with the rail and RDS on the cover... that you're referring to.

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts
No sweat. Most of us make a mistake or two per day....(y)

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys, sorry for any confusion with the images. The rear sight is in the regular ak place, however the gas tube is an UltiMak rail that allows you to mount optics or other accessories like PEGs or Flashlights.

Plot twist

The receiver cover doesn’t have a rail attached to it. In fact it’s a beautiful side rail mount that sits very close to it giving a very low profile full length rail to mount Optics or even a rear sight if i wanted too.

Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Trigger Metal

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Line Gun barrel

·
Administrator
24,790 Posts
I recognized the UltiMak forward mount, because I looked at them for my AK. What sidemount kit did you go with?

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,998 Posts
Mighty Sweet, a REAL AK [Kalashnikov] and it's NEW. Bet that was a pretty penny!
I'd love to see some groups with that, I'd wager that with some Russian hunting ammo it's quite acceptable.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I recognized the UltiMak forward mount, because I looked at them for my AK. What sidemount kit did you go with?
The side rail is called AK MASTER MOUNT and it came with the rifle.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Administrator
24,790 Posts
I'll check it out. I've got a UTG side rail to bolt on to my AK, but never pulled the trigger on the QD rail itself.

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts
My Saiga came with the rail, I had a LPVO on it back before most people called them that. But now it just has a red dot on the cheap QD Mount. No idea what type, probably NC Star or UTG. It’s been solid, and holds zero close enough after cleaning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts