Check out the pic for this story.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by monsterdawg, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

240 'firearm' suicides? If people don't like Kansas, why don't they just move? :confused:

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

The KC star is a horribly liberally slanted newspaper...... But I like the HP pic!

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Cheapest picture they could find?

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Those firearms deaths are suicides. Just because people kill themselves with firearms more than they die in fatal crashes doesn't have a single bit of significance.

5. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Just another hack job, that instead of extolling the virtues of safer cars, points out that gun deaths are higher....

6. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

I just wondered why they used a C9 for the story pic. The story is just more BS, imo. I really wish that when someone commits a "gun crime", that it was required to report if they were legally able to posess a firearm. For example, last week in the cosmopolitan dream that is St Louis, a guy was shot and arrested for pointing a gun at a LEO. Funny thing is, the guy was on parole for shooting at LEO's back in '09, and had served less than 1/2 of his sentence.
    As for suicides, I knew 2 people that shot themselves, 2 who carbon monoxided themselves in cars, 4 that hanged themselves, and some overdoses that may or may not have been suicides.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

7. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Your correct. It means nothing, except an argument point for an anti-gun media. :rolleyes:

8. bluharley

bluharley Member

Apples and oranges.

9. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

AU banned guns and suicide rates did not change proving that guns are not an issue with suicides.

10. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

When they say "firearm deaths" they are including suicides, murders, hunting accidents, self defense shootings, police shootings, etc.

I read a couple weeks ago were someone figured it out that you are 900 times more likely to be accidently killed by a doctor than accidently killed by a firearm. Maybe we should ban doctors?

11. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

It's simple; the libtards should ban suicides. Or maybe try it themselves to see if it's a viable solution. Just sayin :rolleyes:

12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Suicide is already illegal.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

13. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    You get a longer sentence if you're successful?

14. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Historically, you turn into a vampire. No I'm not joking.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)