Checked out a new Hi-Point carbine at gun store today

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by birdmove, Dec 3, 2015.

1. I'm considering a new rifle, and wanted to take a look at a Hi-Point. Partly just to see how it feels, but wanted to see what the iron sights looked like. Even with my nearsightedness (can't see well at distance), and astigmatism, I actually thought the irons are quite decent. The gun has a very solid feel, and is pretty hefty. They want $297 plus tax in Hilo.

Also looked at a nice new Ruger 10/22 takedown gun in stainless (a good feature in this climate). Looked at a Henry AR7 also.

I don't find the HP to be ugly, as some like to say. Just very purposefull. Oddly, this gun store doesn't want to stalk the HP handguns at all.

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Who goes to a gun store and only looks at 3 guns? You got some will power my man. I have to look at all of them.

3. rmuniz9336

rmuniz9336 Member

I own only the one carbine, but several pistols and have made converts of most of my family. While the looks of the carbine definitely attracted me, I just like the feel of it. It's comfortable, and handles easily.

Almost everyone who has tried it has been impressed with the trigger squeeze, and general handling.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I have all three of those guns, though none in stainless.:p
    The AR-7 is neat, in a way...but outside of a canoe trip, I just can't get behind it.
    The Ruger....after putting $50 in trigger into the $300 gun, it's a lot better. Almost as good as my $100 Marlins.:rolleyes: But then, it does break in half.

The carbine is, to me, a much more useful tool.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  5. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

I have a crap load of guns and my 9mm Hi point is a keeper.

6. elt51932

elt51932 Member

I have the marlin 795, and it holds tighter groups than the 10/22. But as ajole stated,it doesn't break down.