Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joining you from the Phoenix, AZ area. After dumping social media, I started finding forums for all the things I enjoy talking about - guns, knives, and Weber Kettle grills. Happy to find this Hi-Point forum and glad to be a part of it.

After a couple of years looking at and fondling PCCs, I picked up a 995ts on the 10th. When Hi-Point reopened their online store this week, I bought the tactical grip, the mag holder w/ 2 mags, and the speed loader. Hi-Point processed my order for shipping within 90 minutes! That’s how you start a relationship!

I’m stupidly excited to shoot it, but AZ is locked down and it’s fire season, so shooting options are few. There’s an open range on the outskirts of a dusty little desert town about 90 minutes away, and I’m hoping to get over there this week. Also a Shooter’s World nearby and when it’s 115 outside, $18 an hour to shoot inside seems reasonable.

Thanks for adding me today! Already enjoying the posts!

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Welcome from the western side of Missouri. You found yourself in good company.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Delbert. Appreciate the welcome.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hello from Kentucky. I lived in Phoenix for about 30 years. There are/were plenty of places to go shooting out in the desert. I remember shooting around 7th Street and Union Hills. That was years ago when it was all desert. Tonto Natural Forest isn't far away and you should be able to find a nice berm to shoot at right off of a forest service road. I really miss Arizona because of all of the open, public space to explore and hike.

·
What the Hell was that?
669 Posts
Joining you from the Phoenix, AZ area. After dumping social media, I started finding forums for all the things I enjoy talking about - guns, knives, and Weber Kettle grills. Happy to find this Hi-Point forum and glad to be a part of it.

After a couple of years looking at and fondling PCCs, I picked up a 995ts on the 10th. When Hi-Point reopened their online store this week, I bought the tactical grip, the mag holder w/ 2 mags, and the speed loader. Hi-Point processed my order for shipping within 90 minutes! That's how you start a relationship!

I'm stupidly excited to shoot it, but AZ is locked down and it's fire season, so shooting options are few. There's an open range on the outskirts of a dusty little desert town about 90 minutes away, and I'm hoping to get over there this week. Also a Shooter's World nearby and when it's 115 outside, $18 an hour to shoot inside seems reasonable.

Welcome to the forum, from Florida.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a JHP owner from Florida

Reactions: LowRoad

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello from Kentucky. I lived in Phoenix for about 30 years. There are/were plenty of places to go shooting out in the desert. I remember shooting around 7th Street and Union Hills. That was years ago when it was all desert. Tonto Natural Forest isn't far away and you should be able to find a nice berm to shoot at right off of a forest service road. I really miss Arizona because of all of the open, public space to explore and hike.
Not quite like that anymore. I've been here since 94 and things have really changed. 7th St and UH is pretty much an urban core now. Tonto is closed due to extreme fire danger. We often pull off near Lake Pleasant, but last year they posted Fire Danger signs everywhere and closed everything. Ben Avery up on Carefree Hwy is where I normally go, especially in summer, but I'm pretty sure they're closed due to the lockdown. There's an open range down by Maricopa. I think it's a county or state range, but it's not manned, so the shooters man the firing line, etc. I know another 995ts owner who lives just down the street from that range. That's where I'm going.

·
Premium Member
9,230 Posts
Decades ago, I used to go shoot at an old rock quarry where there were some good berms set up north of Sierra Vista. It was out past the San Pedro River but well before Tombstone.

They have a few Shooters Worlds in Florida, too. I didn't know they had them across the country. Have fun with your new toy out there.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Welcome from your neck of the woods.. or desert I suppose. My brother moved to Phoenix last year. I'm in New Mexico. You're gonne love that carbine! Fun, fun, fun!

·
Registered
71 Posts

After a couple of years looking at and fondling PCCs, I picked up a 995ts on the 10th. When Hi-Point reopened their online store this week, I bought the tactical grip, the mag holder w/ 2 mags, and the speed loader. Hi-Point processed my order for shipping within 90 minutes! That's how you start a relationship!

I'm stupidly excited to shoot it, but AZ is locked down and it's fire season, so shooting options are few. There's an open range on the outskirts of a dusty little desert town about 90 minutes away, and I'm hoping to get over there this week. Also a Shooter's World nearby and when it's 115 outside, $18 an hour to shoot inside seems reasonable.

Come down to Tucson we have a range indoors and shoot for less. The desert is still off-limits for both the fires and heat so I just wait it out. Once it cools off I'm in the desert and having fun.

Reactions: LowRoad
1 - 13 of 13 Posts