Cheers to Mom!

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by BullRunDon, Nov 13, 2017.

1. BullRunDon

BullRunDon Member

I have to hand it to Hi Point for service. I discovered my 45 carbine had a bent firing pin. I called Mom. Took two tries but got through no fuss. Told her about the pin and was told she would ship springs with it and asked if I would replace all as a kit. Certainly! 5 days later, I didn't recieve the pin and two springs. I got Two pins, Two sets of springs And a recoil spring to boot! No million questions, no serial numbers, no guff of any kind. Just asked where she could mail my parts. Good job Hi Point!

theicebear, SDProf, vboy36 and 2 others like this.
  2. vboy36

vboy36 Member

Good to hear. I called (three rings and MOM answered) said i needed a new front sight on my 995. Took my address. 4 days later I got two front sights including a front-sight bracket, and the HI Point tool! Put the sight on and the thing is very very accurate.

3. 2012gt

2012gt Member

So the new front sight helped?

4. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

ND
    Read the last sentence.

5. 2012gt

2012gt Member

It was rhetorical.

6. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

ND
  7. 2012gt

2012gt Member

All I'm saying is his front sight actually was crooked. :rolleyes:

8. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Canted = off center = crooked

9. vboy36

vboy36 Member

Yep, 2012. I put the new site on dropped it slightly and that's the only adjustment I made and I was hitting the bull's-eye at 20 yards. I was real happy about the interaction with Hi-Point customer service. It went quick and got all the parts plus more than I asked for. Free. My next job will be to buy some Rustoleum and fix those scratches from the charging knob, Like Moona suggested. The 995 seems to be breaking in pretty well. No fail to feeds today. Next step is to run some Fed Hst thru it.
    Thanks

2012gt likes this.