Chicken Wings

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Adjuster, Feb 25, 2008.

1. I consider myself a connoisseur. I know we have some other experts on here. Now the problem. The wings I have down to a science. But for the life of me I can't get a good Bleu Cheese dipping sauce. The store bought bottle stuff never tastes as good as the restaurant stuff. I know most of them make from scratch. Do any of you guys have a Bleu Cheese recipe. I have simple tastes, I don't want a bunch of crazy weird spices and flavorings. Just good Bleu Cheese flavor.

2. I could use a good wing recipe, right now I use a generic mix of franks red hot and a few other ingredients. I can strip a wing faster then anyone I know. Year's of honing my skills at Bdubs (BW3- AKA Buffalo Wild Wings)

3. 1 bottle of each. Franks red hot ,tobasco,and Rainbow hot sause.1 stick butter melted in sause.When melted remove from heat and let cool.
    Mix Cayeene pepper in flower the brighter the pink color the hotter.
    Role wings in flower mixture and fry .Place in sause while hot let stand a few min. then remove,and break out the beer.

4. Ya know I hate to admit it but I have never made wings at home. but damn do I love to down a dozen hot wings for dinner.

5. griff30

griff30 Member

* 2 LB Chicken wings
    * 1 cup Franks Durkee hot sauce (Or Tabasco)
    * 1/4 c yellow mustard (Chinese hot mustard if you can!)
    * 1/2 c Butter
    * 1 Tsp Salt
    * 1/4 c Honey
    * 1 TBSP Curry (mild or hot)
    * OPTIONAL: 2 to 4 drops Dave's Insanity, very dangerous!

Place chicken in shallow baking pan, skin side up. Combine butter, honey, mustard, salt, & curry powder and mix well. Pour over chicken and bake at 350F for 45 to 55 mins basting every 15 minutes. Ventilation is important if using Dave's insanity!
    Bleu Cheese recipe? Easy, just add crumbles to the dressing.
    My favorite sandwich?
    Chicken strips cooked like above on a croissant with lettuce and crumbles of Bleu cheese with a dalop of the same dressing.
    edited for clarity. I did have one for Bleu cheese on here Primal...I wasn't trying to hijack.

6. He's asking for a Blue Cheese dipping sauce recipe.... At least, that's what I read.

Sorry Adjuster, I don't have one for you, but my wife might in one of her ka-gillion cookbooks. I'll see what I find for you dude.

7. Kyu

Kyu Senior Member Member

Here's a good base recipe:
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/lf_hl_eatingwell/recipe/0,,FOOD_30878_108961,00.html

You can adjust how thick the dressing is by adding more sour cream and less buttermilk or mayo. You can also add additional cheese as you like. I add some fresh black pepper 'cause I like the contrast of pepper tastes. But that's just me!
    Enjoy!

Edit: Don't worry about the low-fat, just use the real stuff. Also I leave the vinegar out and mix everything together and then add just enough vinegar (usually boring white vinegar or red wine vinegar) until it has the "tang" that I want. Taste it as as you go. I think I usually end up with about a 1/2 tsp. of vinegar rather than the 1 tsp. but that's just me!

8. good info, cant wait to try these out

9. 3/4 cup mayonnaise
    1 clove garlic, minced
    2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1 tablespoon white vinegar
    1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
    salt and pepper
    Combine all ingredients; chill for an hour or two. Serve as a dip for the Buffalo wings. Makes about 1 1/2 cups of blue cheese dip.