Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Chinese SKS

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  CoyoteUGLY 
#1 ·
My Sks is Chinese, does anyone know what kind of wood the stock is made out of?

#2 ·
Most were made with elm, walnut and beech stocks though some (exported to Uruguay and Mozambique) may have been make from teak.

#3 ·
It looks kind of yellowish

#4 ·
Well, my China SKS looks like Beach wood? I put a ATI WHITE Folding stock on mine. I have never seen another ATI white stock. No, this is NOT a painted stock. I contacted ATI over 3 years ago and they told me that this is a rare stock. Very few were made.

#5 ·
Well, my China SKS looks like Beach wood? I put a ATI WHITE Folding stock on mine. I have never seen another ATI white stock. No, this is NOT a painted stock. I contacted ATI over 3 years ago and they told me that this is a rare stock. Very few were made.
Pics please!

#6 ·
mine's Chinese too, so I went & dug it outa the hole I had stored it away in (took it off long ago) & it's hard to say by the color, soaked with cosmolene & gunpowder... but based on the grain I'd guess it's some sort of oriental version of mohogany? Whatever it is, it's the same cheap crap that every piece of furniture in every hotel room i've ever been to in China is made out of. :cantlook:

#7 ·
Pics please!
I knew some one was going to ask for pictures. I'll try to get a picture on here.

#9 ·
Thanx

#10 ·
way to go Krippp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.