Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Choice Kel-Tec or Taurus

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  sltintexas 
#1 ·
What would be your choice? Kel-Tec P-9, P-11 or Taurus Mil Pro 111? Why?

#8 ·
I had a pt140 and it was a great gun. Your talking a big size difference though. The keltec is more of a pocket gun where as the Taurus would need to be in some sort of concealed holster.
Not sure I really understand your thoughts as the MilPro 111 is only 1/4" longer and 1/4" wider. This is from both websites specs.
Have you held them? The keltec seemed so much smaller and lighter to me.

#10 ·
I have a Kel-Tec P-11. While it is small, reliable, and easy to conceal, it has a strong recoil and a long trigger pull. I have not shot the Taurus, but I have held it. I am sure the Taurus would be much easier to shoot, but it is a bigger gun. If being able to carry in your pocket is not an issue, I would look at the Taurus over the Kel-Tec.

#11 ·
I have the PT-111 and the recoil is not bad and I have a Kel Tec P3AT as a BUG-24/7 pistol. The kel tec has a warranty like Hi Point and Taurus has Original owner lifetime warranty, which means you send in a warranty card. I haven't used the warranty on either one. The Taurus in a kholster and kel tec in a wallet holster works for me.

#16 ·
I really like my Kel-Tec PF-9 thus far. I went with the PF-9 over the P-11 due to the lighter trigger and the single stack mag makes the PF-9 slimmer.

#21 ·
If I might make a suggestion?

http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-PT709.htm

bout the same size as a PF9 and about the same price to. I haven't owned any but i'd like to eventually get a small 9mm and I'd prolly go with the PT709, looks pretty neat.
THANKS, I'll for sure check it out.
you might want to check out the taurusarmed.net forum. There have been quite a few FTE problems on the 709. I've been watching it pretty closely as I want one as well. Also Taurus return times on warranty work seems like a long time (6+weeks) where keltec is usually alot quicker (at least from what I 've seen from ktog).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.