Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying one of hi-points carbines. I own a hi-point JH .45 and love it. Aside from preferences of calibers, is one model more reliable than another? Any thoughts? I have been leaning toward waiting for the 4595.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought the 9mm for the shear fact of having 3 other 9mm weapons. If I had another sw.40 shooting weapon, I would have picked it up.

As for the .45 version, I can't wait. I will buy one of those as soon as it hits the market.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
I hear a lot more complaints about the 995 than I do the 4095. Could be because there about a million more of them, but I've never had a single problem out of my 4095. Not one.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I hear a lot more complaints about the 995 than I do the 4095. Could be because there about a million more of them, but I've never had a single problem out of my 4095. Not one.
I had some with my 4095, it wouldn't cycle in mildly cold weather (single digits F). After a couple of trips to Hi-Point, it hasn't missed a beat in the last year, even at -20 degrees. I also have to comment on Hi-Point's EXELENT customer service. If you have any problems they fix it and no questions asked. They are one of the finest companies on the planet bar none.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hey Jackpine,

I'm sorry to hear you had problems. My 4095 hasn't skipped a beat since I've owned it, even @ -20 degrees F. Mags worked like a charm and the carbine kept wanting more ammo.

lailr,

Between my 4095 and 995, I'd go with the 4095. They seem to have the bugs worked out of that platform.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
i'd go with the 995, based on price and availability of ammo. thats just me. but if in the future you were going to buy a .40 pistol, then obviously, go with the 4095

·
Registered
20 Posts
If ammo cost, or ATI stock upgrade ability are your main concerns go with the 995. If you want more knock down power for hunting, last round bolt hold-open, or magazine compatibility between carbine and JCP 40 pistol get the 4095.

If you find yourself gravitating to one caliber or another while checking out pistols in general, pick the one you gravitate to, chances are you'll eventually get a pistol of that caliber anyway and have a matching carbine for it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The ATI stock for the 995 opens up a lot of opportunities to customize, and it is a better stock (comfort, balance) than the factory. Bushman makes some good parts for it too.

As for the 4595, I have found the "recently leaked pictures" in forum threads dating back to 2006, most saying it will be out in January 207!!!. I don't know what to believe about when that's going to be available.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I swear by my 995. I have never shot the 4095, but I would if I had the chance. I have never regretted purchasing the Hi-Point 995. 8)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 995 with ATI stock, and I like it quite a bit.

When the new Hi-Point stocks hit the market, I'm very likely to pick up one of the 4095's, and possibly a 4595 as well.

If I had not made a purchase to this point, I would probably get the 995 and ATI stock again, and then buy a 4095 and/or a 4595 as well when the new stocks are finally released.

I don't think one could have too many carbines, and at Hi-Points prices, why not buy more?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts