Chrome 995

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Django, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Django

Django Member

I haven't been on this forum much, especially since I had to sell the hipoints I had. I picked up a Chrome 995 today. Interesting looking carbine. The others I had were the newer ts style. I'm going to have to learn how to field strip this one. I'm pretty happy to have found a older chrome one. I wasn't really looking for one but when I saw it I didn't hesitate. I paid $225 in case anyone is curious. BTW, I saw an ad the top of the website for accessories. The one I just picked up appears stock. Any recommendations on upgrades? I may not do anything but get mags for it but if anyone has suggestions, I'd like to hear. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  2. Grumpy553

Grumpy553 Member

Looks nice Django. These things are always touchy. Some will say paint it, some will say add optics, or a dozen other things. I think it looks good as she sits, and $225 was a pretty good price. Nice find!

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Joey's aluminum trigger is a nice upgrade. Also if you want to go with optics, call Hi-Point and ask for a rail to replace the rear sight. They're free. Otherwise it's a fun shooters as it is.

4. Django

Django Member

Thanks. I forgot about Joeys trigger. I put one on one of the others I had. Good info on the rail too, wouldn't hurt to have one in case I do go with optics.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    There's no such thing as field stripping a Hi Point.

It's a disassembly.;)

And you only need to do it every 1000 rounds or so.

For typical after-range cleaning, use a bore snake, and a toothbrush type thing to scrub out the action and magwell, then wipe down what you can reach with an oily rag.

6. Django

Django Member

Thanks ajole.I took off the shroud and stock this afternoon. That's further than I'll take it next time unless I get a trigger for it. I will also remember which boresnake to use next time. The .45 one makes me feel panicky when I get it started and have to fight it out before I realized I grabbed the wrong one. Disassembly = to avoid. Got it :)

7. cicpup

Vermont
    We were all taught by a kind, wise man that "A paint job is not a mod". He also taught us the necessity of a good skull sticker.

8. Django

Django Member

I assume this is an inside joke? I will not be painting it but I will consider a skull sticker if and only if it improves groupings @ 50 yards. Hell,.... if it's a really cool sticker I may go for it anyway.

9. cicpup

Vermont
    Improves accuracy to 100 yards, increases the FPS of cheap ammo to +P status and is worth +50 tacticool points.

Some "I'm better than you" douche that wandered through sometime back. His skull sticker mod has pretty much become a cliche' around here.

10. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Yes, it was an inside joke that's turned in to a battle cry. Pics or it isn't true, and skull stickers or it isn't cool.

11. colthrash

colthrash Member

welcome, you forgot to mention pork...

12. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

Google disassemble the stock on 995 classic and you can watch a video... It's really just as simple as the 995ts...

LongShotmfg sells 2 type of top rails and 1 type of bottom rail specifically for the 995 classic, in brushed aluminum and anodized... Of course you would want brushed aluminum... Then get one of their brushed aluminum charging handles... Of course the joey trigger...

DECK THAT BABY OUT and then post PICTURES...:D

Nice find, your going to love it...

13. Django

Django Member

I'm considering getting the ATI stock. Is it worth it? Any drawbacks?

14. cicpup

Vermont
    Possibly damages the firearm and voids the warranty. Other than that? Nope. No drawbacks.

15. Django

Django Member

How and why?

16. cicpup

Vermont
    How does it damage it? Not sure. Never dealt with it.

Why does it void the warranty? Because Hi-Point says so.

17. Django

Django Member

Hmm thanks for your info. Anyone else? I see them all over this forum as well as accessories from a forum vendor, Longshot? I think?

18. cicpup

Vermont
    You're welcome and your thinking I'm full of $hit isn't lost on me.

19. Django

Django Member

Wait. What? I can't ask for more opinions without offending you? You said you have no experience with it. You assume to know what I think? I asked for your opinion and you gave it and I thanked you. So you're gonna get smarmy? Whatever. Next you'll say you were joking and I have no sense of humor I suppose. Well, lol at your dry humor.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  20. talon

talon the banned wagon

How much "experience" does it take for HiPoint to openly state using it voids the warranty? You dont have to be using it to read HiPoints warnings.