·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think they would look good chrome or nickle plated

·
Registered
476 Posts
To many issues to chrome plating a highpoint . :thinking: First is the type of metal they are made with more than likely would not work.. Also the whole reason hi-points are so affordable is keeping production costs down .. I do agree that they would look neat .. ;)

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
well they DO have a chrome powder coat that could be used, of course for that matter for next to nothing you could probably talk youre friendly neighborhood coater into tossin your parts in with a batch of some being done for cheap if you wait till he is doing a big job for someone else.

·
Registered
773 Posts
They used to make chromed 995s many years ago. Never really understood why they pulled it other than, as previously pointed out, the production costs were higher. Would like to see that brought back for the 995, 4095, and the 4595 when it reaches production.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I never knew that they made chrome ones. I just thought people stripped the black paint off and buffed the metal to a high polish or something. :brow:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is it time for Hipoint to add a stainless steel slide at least? You can find cnc machinery for cheap now days and crap out a million in no time.... That or I know people disagree with this Hardened Aluminum I know it will scratch at the port though if you left it open like a pt92 it could control that from happening and reduce kick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.