Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since i am a new gun owner (pistol that is) from wat ive seen from friends and family is that their guns came apart very easy. well wat i see on my 40 its not so easy . wat to use to clean and basically how? i dont feel comfortable takeing it apart. its not like my friends lugar 9mm were came apart very easy 123 . the 40 seems very hmmm how do i say not easy. some input or info were to go see how. would be great .

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ty for that video that looks pretty dang easy to me if my 40 comes apart like that . i should have no problems at all . ty again. howmany rnds should i do for the break in period before 1st clean .i've only shot 50 through it so far.

·
Banned
4,094 Posts
Just run a patch tru the barrel clean around the action and your good to go NO NEED to disassemble it at all for a few thousand rounds I disassembled mine at 1500, 3000, and 5000 rounds still looks brand new. BUT once a month I would open it up and run a patch thru and a very, VERY, light mouth of oil. Been worn 5 years rain, shine, fog, some snow, ect outside still looks almost new some rub marks but not much.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Quote from: sean187 on September 19, 2009, 12:59:52 PM
just get the environmentally safe ammo,green ammo cleans your gun after shot. :D

um, no it doesnt. that ammo simply has no exposed lead to "contaminate" the enviroment. it is just the same as other ammo besides that.

SW

I think that sean187 was making a semi-sarcastic statement about "green" ammo. At least that was the way I read it. Sly humor in print in an "iffy" proposition and sarcasm is downright dangerous.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
just get the environmentally safe ammo,green ammo cleans your gun after shot. :D
um, no it doesnt. that ammo simply has no exposed lead to "contaminate" the enviroment. it is just the same as other ammo besides that.

SW
I think he was joking. I thought it was pretty funny.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts