Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning out my shed today, getting rid of some of my mom's crap that has been sitting there for 3 years now. I wanted to clean some space for shelving to store canned goods and such. My mom is the type of person who picks up a new idea for a hobby, buys a whole bunch of crap and then does it once and never touches the stuff again. So there is a cheap plastic shelf set in a corner that I haven't even looked at in the three years since I moved in. (long story but I basically am buying the place over time from my mom we divided the house in half and my mom is on one half my family is in the other) I start throwing away all the junk that has just been sitting for years, the I find about 20 lbs of wax and a bunch of candle making supplies. Now half of it is scents and dyes that I just got rid of, but I bet I can make enough candles out of the wax and wicks I found to last years in a SHTF situation. I plan on making two basic types. little two inch tall cup ones that should burn 2-3 hours and larger dipped stick candles that should throw off more light. I figure a good long afternoons work and I will have them all done.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Hey you should've kept those scents, might come in handy when you ain't had a shower in several days :devilsidesmile:

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I kept the oils, but alot of it was already mixed in with wax, so not a huge use there. I was surprized to see the medicinal uses for some of the oils, I will have to google them latter, see if there is any fact behind it.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
My mom is the type of person who picks up a new idea for a hobby, buys a whole bunch of crap and then does it once and never touches the stuff again.
Sounds like "Adult ADD".

I have it, and my mom has it too.

I hate it. Got projects all over the place that I start and never seem to finish. I am trying to get better at completing things I start. The wife hates it cause just to remodel our room with the hot tub took me 5 years to complete.

Sorry, Off topic.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it turns out she wants the crap now so I lose out lol. goes to figure it sits for 3 years I decide to use it and she wants it lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts