Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
After shooting, I just clean the bore and action good. I don't take anything apart. HP doesn't want you to take apart to clean. Just contact HP and they will do a cleaning and check-up job on it for FREE(You have to pay to ship it). You will also get a FREE mag back...that is worth the shipping cost. :yes:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After shooting, I just clean the bore and action good. I don't take anything apart. HP doesn't want you to take apart to clean. Just contact HP and they will do a cleaning and check-up job on it for FREE(You have to pay to ship it). You will also get a FREE mag back...that is worth the shipping cost. :yes:
I was wondering if it was needed because that's a lot to deal with to clean the weapon very often. I didn't drop it in the mud, I just shot it. I just used a boresnake. I do take my SR9 apart but that takes maybe 20-30 seconds. Just one pin.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's the turn around on something like that?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Well, I sent my HP .380 in and got it back in 6 days. The only reason was I took it apart and a spring popped out(couldn't find the spring :embarrassed2:) I just bought a NEW HP .45 and I have the 995 that I got used...it shoot great. As soon as hp gets caught up, I might send in my 995 for a check-up. Cleaning with a boresnake is perfect.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I usualy swab mine down after every shooting. I usualy put like 5 to 6 hundred shots through mine before I feel I need to break it down to clean it, but I like to keep it clean as possible in between.

Im sorry but I can break my 995 down in like less than 2 minutes mabye 15 minutes cleaning it and another 2 or three minutes to get it back together. Imho Id way rather do it myself then wate a week and a half for it to get back. Thats just me though I like to shoot just about every other day

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really haven't had the gun very long and have only went to the range once. I just don't want to open the thing and have springs shoot out from everywhere. That would be a real pisser!!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
HA!HA!HA! Those *#$*@^%#@ springs. I feel ya man. PLUS, when you do get the gun back together...you see a few screws left over...where the heck did these come from??? :brow:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're right!! I rebuilt a Quad carburetor one time and I had just a few parts left when I finished...The thing was that it worked like a new one after I got her installed!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I take mine almost all of the way apart. I love to do it. I just wish they had a better way to secure the reciever cover, having to use tools is a drag. I guess it wasn't designed as a combat weapon................

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I do mine all by hand exept the cover bolts, wich those arent much tighter than hand tight, and the front site. I guess Its cause i take it apart so often i kinda know it inside out. lol

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I take mine almost all of the way apart. I love to do it. I just wish they had a better way to secure the reciever cover, having to use tools is a drag. I guess it wasn't designed as a combat weapon................
Maybe someday some machinist will design a t-bar bolt to replace the hex head bolts. It shouldn't be that hard for someone handy, just not me...

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Whenever I start to get Feed failures on my range guns. SD guns are cleaned anytime I use them. HP is not difficult to clean, much easier than some of the .22s out there. Cleaning is one of the reasons I dearly love my AKs, so damn easy its just a shame.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Maybe someday some machinist will design a t-bar bolt to replace the hex head bolts. It shouldn't be that hard for someone handy, just not me...
I don't want to get any bodies hope up, but I think I saw a HP 995 or 4095 with 2 of those pull ring bolts in the reciever. Any body seen them?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Totally agree with that! I love my HP carbines but using two or three tools to take it down is a drag! :cantlook:

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Gun Scrubber (or Non-Chlorinated BC) + Bore Snake = Simple effective cleaning with no disassemble needed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I only use GunScrubber for first-time cleaning of a used firearm, that may have grease, oil and who-knows-what caked up in it.

That stuff removes all lube, which isn't good, especially if you use a modern lube like CLP or RemOil, both of which leave behind a slight teflon coating.

IMHO, of course.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
^ True, I like to finish up with some Wilson Combat oil and a light coat of Rem Dri-lube...until I can find some Otis dry here locally :)

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I wash my AK in Tide and hang it out to dry. God I love that thing. Carb cleaner works fine on metal parts and is cheaper by far on any rifle just watch the plastic.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts