Cleaning the CF380

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by greg_r, Jan 10, 2015.

1. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Been listening to MOM and doing as she says, blowing it out with Rem Oil, wiping down what i could and running a snake through the bore. I was to the point I thought it was time to to a thorough cleaning. It was not clean by any means, but I was suprised by how clean it was. Believe it could of gone a while longer.

2. malforce32

malforce32 Well-Known Member

For most the part they are. I'd do a total take down. Polish feed ramp, and this video out there of a guy showing where to put greese to improve performance. It works well. He uses auto greases but I'd use gun grease. Also may try using m-prove 7 cleaner. Super effective. Use m pro as directed, grease your gun. Then add rem oil to lubricate. Also use Remington bore cleaner every few hundred. The m pro will get little bit more than rem oil can. But it does lube well.

3. tazz2007man1

tazz2007man1 Member

Can you tell where you found the vvideo on were to grease ?

4. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Just clean and put back together. It functions fine so no need to polish the feed ramp. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

5. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Frame rails and the slide where you see the wear marks.
    I use car grease.
    Clean my barrels with ATF and brake cleaner.

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    He's long gone, but he has a youtube channel, and he may have added that vid to his list....................................