Clear coat grips

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by xtremeweather, Feb 13, 2016.

1. xtremeweather

xtremeweather Member

Any of you guys clear coat the hydro dipped grips you can get from Hi Point? Got some wood grain ones and want to give them a note glossy look. Similar to the real wood grips I've been seeing.. Any thought's?

2. Bigern

Bigern Member

I though about this too, I was going to get the wood ones from HP and use automotive clear on them. I think they would look sick! I love shiny wood grips.

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I think Black Bart said he does this... :confused:

4. MarkWS

MarkWS Member

I think I'm going the opposite route. Texted Thingmeister this week about getting a set of his Cherry with oil finish for the C9 to give them a "softer" look instead of the shine. Need to order by tomorrow.

5. Browning 9 Guy

Browning 9 Guy Premium Supporter Member

I've thought about it but my hands are small and I couldn't hang onto em. Ended up putting bicycle inner tube strips. (Hogues are OK but add a bit too much thickness.).

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Sounds Good!
    Does THING have a picture of this style?

7. MarkWS

MarkWS Member

I'm not sure. Saw the normal ones and asked if he did any other finishes. I was looking at his Facebook album and there may be some on there.

8. 04redbike

04redbike Member

Thingmeister has a 40+ page thread in marketplace parts with lots of pics and choices of woods and colors.

9. Recoman

Recoman Supporting Member

I actually did this today. I polished part of my slide to a brushed look, matches my Joey, and put a couple of coats of gloss clear on my plastic dark wood HP grips. Black Bart did the same, and they look great. Will post pics when I clean and reassemble. Check out Barts 45(?), it looks great.

10. Recoman

This one. Nice looking I think.

Attached Files:

11. Recoman

This is my C9 with gloss coated plastic HP grips. Does seem to brighten them up a bit. Ain't Thingmeister grips, but will do for now. Probably do the Things on my 45 first. After mag catch and...and... and...SMDH!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  12. Recoman

Oh yeah... Joey's keychain!!!

13. Great looking gun.