Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the range yesterday - I had chambered a round, then realized I needed to go downrange. I removed the mag, but then was unable to cycle the action to eject the live round - I had to go ahead and fire it out. I tried this again, and had the same results. Is this normal? am I missing a step in ejecting a live round? I find it hard to believe that I could only clear the gun by firing it. Do I have to have a empty mag in the 995 in order to clear a round?

Thanks
drezac

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Mornin drezac,
Could be a bad ejector pin. I had to replace mine not long ago. Call Mom and they will send you nother one with the springs. Easy fix.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The safety was the first thing I checked - not on. It fires and ejects fine - I just could not cycle it (with no mag) to eject a round, did not try it with a mag in to see if that made a difference

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yea you could send it in a might even get a new mag for free.
atleast you get one with the pistols.

·
Registered
27 Posts
mine cycles but having problem extracting snap caps (red anodized ones - azoom?). I have to insert a cleaning rod from the muzzle and tap it. It works on live rounds

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did finally find out what was wrong - It was my rounds. My cast bullets were running .357. Since I have added a .356 bullet sizer and a factory crimp die, I now have no problems - it seems the rounds were just large enough to make them stick in the chamber. I did not have any problems with my C9, just the 995.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts