Clerke first 32

Discussion in 'Other SNS' started by 84minieldo, Jul 4, 2020.

1. 84minieldo

84minieldo Member

image.jpg image.jpg Paid off the layaway yesterday..

Foolsgold39 likes this.
  2. You have my sympathies on this one.

Foolsgold39, Think1st and Quavodus like this.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I had a friend's Clerke First for a couple of weeks. .32 S&W. They came in other calibers. .22lr was one of them. That is pot metal surrounding a steel sleeve for the barrel. Firing pin on the hammer is good for less than 175rds. Some of the new ones came in a box with a deck of playing cards so when you lose at cards..............shoot the player that is taking your money. :yikes: Hope you didn't pay too much for it. Hope it doesn't blow up in your hand if you shoot it.

Foolsgold39 likes this.
  4. Clerke Firsts were available in three flavors: .22 starter pistol, in .22LR, and .32 S&W. As TNT said, pot metal surrounding a steel sleeve barrel, with a steel cylinder and steel firing pin. Pretty much everything else was Zamak of dubious quality.

The Clerke First's "contribution" to the gun world was making an RG-10 look good in comparison.

lklawson and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  5. retread

retread Member

i had cap guns when i was a kid that looked stouter than that thing!!!

Think1st likes this.
  6. 84minieldo

84minieldo Member

Lol, tho I paid too much $129..it was a layaway at the start of the plague,it was in the final days of bjja.com,and this little guy looks like it sat in a drawer most it’s life. Mainly collectors piece,lock up is tight and cylinder looks new ,no drag lines and not much obvious wear on the little star

Foolsgold39 and Think1st like this.
  7. ichthyo

ichthyo Lifetime Supporter

That's saying a lot coming from the SNS expert on this forum.

That said, it is in remarkable condition. I have a buddy that has two of these he turned into table lamps for his man cave.

Quavodus, Think1st and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  8. What can I say? I owned one, box and all. It was part of a package deal for a odd ball gun that I really wanted and just had to have. I paid something like $25 for the Clerke and thought that was $24 too much. I no longer have it and don't miss it.

I never shot it because I simply didn't trust the thing. Guess that makes me a gun snob!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    Foolsgold39, 7000al and Think1st like this.
  9. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    When Mr. Saturday Night Special doesn't endorse a particular cheap handgun, I'll definitely stay away from it.

Foolsgold39, ichthyo and histed like this.
  10. ichthyo

ichthyo Lifetime Supporter

Makes me want one.

Foolsgold39 likes this.
  11. Dragonbreath

Dragonbreath Member

Alabama
    I picked up a Clerke first 22 in a trade about 7 years ago. It was the only gun that I have ever owned that I was afraid of. It made a Rg 10 look like a Colt snake gun in comparison. I shot one cylinder of 22 shorts thru it and stopped while I still had all my fingers. I gave it to one of my Dads friends. He keeps it on his lawn mower in a zip lock bag, loaded with rat shot for snakes.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  12. 84minieldo

84minieldo Member

My rg14 is a beast

Foolsgold39 likes this.