Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 374 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sometimes when things go south what you've got close is what you've got. I just thought it'd be interesting to see what is closest to you guys right now.

If you were thrust into a defensive situation at this exact moment, what would you have to protect yourself with, at least until you can get to a primary defensive weapon?

No cheating! Pics and choice of ammo are cool too.

Mine? A well worn (lots of bare metal on the grip, trigger guard, and around the barrel) Rohm RG23 loaded with Remington Golden Bullet hollowpoints. Still in good timing. I don't fire it much but I trust it for a BUG. It's been carried a lot, even before I got it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
No picts just now, but a North American Arms Mini 22 magnum loaded with Speer Gold dots

·
Premium Member
2,392 Posts
My S&W SD 9VE with 2 mags loaded with 124 grain JHP

·
Registered
794 Posts
Sig Sauer SP2022 9mm loaded with 115gr. Gold Dots on one side of the bed and a Smith & Wesson model 66 no dash .357 magnum loaded with 125 gr Remington HTP's on the other side of the bed.

·
Louie The Lizard
93 Posts
My C-9 on the coffee table.

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts
A Clerke 1st .32 S&W revolver in my desk drawer. No bullets for it. I would be afraid to shoot the turd. $12.50-$18 when new. I borrowed it from a friend to do some research on it.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I got a few nearby, but they aren't loaded. Closest thing I have right now that I could use if someone tried to break in would be my M44 Mosin. Even unloaded, that thing'll hurt someone pretty bad.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Mossberg 500 12 gauge with 18.5 inch riot barrel, pistol grip stock and forend, flashlight and laser mounted on top. First shell is a shotshell 7 1/2 followed by 00 buck. Its standing in the corner of the room barrel facing down. In the night stand next to it is a S&W 44 mag revolver. Whew....I am ready !!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
My C9 under the couch cushion. Its the only pistol I keep out of the safe on a full time basis.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Mossberg 500 12 gauge with 18.5 inch riot barrel, pistol grip stock and forend, flashlight and laser mounted on top. First shell is a shotshell 7 1/2 followed by 00 buck. Its standing in the corner of the room barrel facing down. In the night stand next to it is a S&W 44 mag revolver. Whew....I am ready !!!!!
Love the Smithy... it has good character.

Lol... are you fat Albert or fatal Bert?

·
Premium Member
35,579 Posts
P3AT in the drawer next to me loaded with Gold Dot, Maverick 88 Security 8 with 00 15 feet away in a closet, as is the CZ82, in a range box, loaded with Silver Bear JHP that may or may not expand, and an unloaded Ithaca falling block .22.:p

And in a small fast entry safe right there is my XD-SC in .40 full of Federal FMJ.

·
Premium Member
3,954 Posts
An old thick Hickory hand made cane that belonged to my grandpappy. That sucker could bust yer head wide open.

·
Banned
6,120 Posts
Since my lazy arse is replying while still in bed, there a Phoenix Arms HP22 on the nightstand, and my hipoint 995 happens to be on the floor next to the bed because I was tightening the scope before I went to sleep.

·
Premium Member
8,451 Posts
It's whatever I carry in my pocket, either a Charter Arms Off Duty or a Taurus Model 85, both in .38 Special with two speed loaders in separate pockets so I can reload with either hand should I lose the use of my primary arm due to injury.

eldar

·
Registered
763 Posts
WOW, that 44 sure could use a face lift! :blush:

·
Just a Man
14,185 Posts
I'm at work, so three bins full of hand tools, and hardware.... At home, Taurus PT92 and extra clip in nightstand, flashlight on top of nightstand, four steps to gun safe with everything else in it... All the pistols are fed, rifles are not.

1 - 20 of 374 Posts