Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2,384 rounds of ammos to include along with the M1 Garand rifle. The mixture is roughly 50/50 of US M2 ball and Greek ammunition. Here is the approximate breakdown in ammo; 384 loose clips, 480 rounds on bandoliers/clips, 2 sealed cans of 520 rounds each and 2 sealed cans of 240 rounds each. This is a fairly accurate estimate. The ammo is in good condition, and stored appropriately.
$900
Discreet PPT
The sale/value price is $900 for the whole shebang. I WILL SHIP AT MY COST. 8578374100

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
You seem to have a lot of brand new accounts on multiple gun forums listing this with different price.

Springfield M1 Garand .30-06 | Perfect Union

SPRINGFIELD M1 GARAND 30-06 - Semi Auto - California - Rifles- Show Me Guns - National Firearms Classifieds

ARMSLIST - Springfield M1 Garand And Lots Of AMMOS 8578374100 <--- flagged as a scam here

Springfield M1 Garand 30-06 Still New FS | USA Carry - Concealed Carry Forum

I personally think you need to sell whatever, if anything, you have via a licensed FFL in California.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,345 Posts
You seem to have a lot of brand new accounts on multiple gun forums listing this with different price.

Springfield M1 Garand .30-06 | Perfect Union

SPRINGFIELD M1 GARAND 30-06 - Semi Auto - California - Rifles- Show Me Guns - National Firearms Classifieds

ARMSLIST - Springfield M1 Garand And Lots Of AMMOS 8578374100 <--- flagged as a scam here

Springfield M1 Garand 30-06 Still New FS | USA Carry - Concealed Carry Forum

I personally think you need to sell whatever, if anything, you have via a licensed FFL in California.
I'm leaning to a fake account. Wonder who's actually monitoring this account. Maybe they will sucker Mole. Then we can end him money to get commissary in Federal prison

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,018 Posts
I'm leaning to a fake account. Wonder who's actually monitoring this account. Maybe they will sucker Mole. Then we can end him money to get commissary in Federal prison
How would one get a stay in Club Fed for buying into something like this? Unless maybe by some miracle, he was able to ship an FFL item and it did reach your door, then you an LiaRicky can be cell mates, doofus
:D

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,345 Posts
How would one get a stay in Club Fed for buying into something like this? Unless maybe by some miracle, he was able to ship an FFL item and it did reach your door, then you an LiaRicky can be cell mates, doofus
:D
If I have to splan it to you. I'll need new crayons

·
Premium Member
36,332 Posts
It’s not real. The ammo alone is worth close to that. There will be ZERO FFL transfers, nor deliveries.

The only fraud here is the guy selling. He’ll take your money, and be gone.

Which reminds me. I “bought” a Mossberg 715 from a guy on this forum once. He’d been a regular, posted for a few years. Sent the money, and boom. He was GONE.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,345 Posts
It’s not real. The ammo alone is worth close to that. There will be ZERO FFL transfers, nor deliveries.

Which reminds me. I “bought” a Mossberg 715 from a guy on this forum once. He’d been a regular, posted for a few years. Sent the money, and boom. He was GONE.
What dick was that

·
Super Moderator
9,676 Posts

I do believe @ajole has hit the nail on the head. Something just not right here.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Straight up scammer. Posted a Massachusetts phone number and said they were in California. New accounts on multiple gun sites listing the same items and at different prices. Why would anyone be silly enough to post scams here, if they took the time to dig a bit first they would know that there are several active and retired LEOs from both Local/ State and Federal levels who make this home. ;)

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Ban for life. Nobody got time for this lying prick scammer.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,018 Posts

Actually the ammo alone is worth more than that, right now... but normal times I'm thinking just the ammo. And it's expensive to ship!!

This offer, with terms that some interpreted as a possible illegal transfer, got me to thinking it might be a possible sting, but a straight up scam is way more likely. If it was a sting, why would an agent make it look like a scam, with a too good to be true deal

Mossberg 715... isn't that the Faux AR15 version? I used to think that was a decent grab, until I saw one in person... the S&W 15/22 is a reasonable facsimile but the Mossberg looks like a really cheap toy, by comparison

·
Super Moderator
5,295 Posts
Well, whatever his game was, he's gone now - unless those in higher authority over ride it. Moving on.

·
Resident PITA
16,071 Posts
What a deal! $900 worth of ammo and a free $1,200 rifle? Should I wire you the money or do you just want my credit card number?

·
Super Moderator
5,295 Posts
What a deal! $900 worth of ammo and a free $1,200 rifle? Should I wire you the money or do you just want my credit card number?
Sorry cic, you're too late. He can't hear you

·
Resident PITA
16,071 Posts
Sorry cic, you're too late. He can't hear you
Did you really think I was serious and not just posting for the amusement of others?

BTW

Well, whatever his game was, he's gone now - unless those in higher authority over ride it. Moving on.
This was a pretty good hint. Mole might miss it, but I didn't.

·
Super Moderator
5,295 Posts
Did you really think I was serious and not just posting for the amusement of others?

BTW
My mistake. Totally went over my head at the time

This was a pretty good hint. Mole might miss it, but I didn't.

·
Premium Member
36,332 Posts
Mossberg 715... isn't that the Faux AR15 version? I used to think that was a decent grab, until I saw one in person... the S&W 15/22 is a reasonable facsimile but the Mossberg looks like a really cheap toy, by comparison
Yep. And that’s why it was usually $150-$200 less than the Smith.
It was a $110 Plinkster, in a plastic shell, using special mags that fit a wider magwell, but fed the smaller inner well of the action, kind of like the Ciener or CMMG .22 AR conversions.

Reactions: undeRGRound
1 - 20 of 24 Posts