Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,019 Posts
Yep. And that’s why it was usually $150-$200 less than the Smith.
It was a $110 Plinkster, in a plastic shell, using special mags that fit a wider magwell, but fed the smaller inner well of the action, kind of like the Ciener or CMMG .22 AR conversions.
Not saying you deserved it, butttt...

I saw one of these POS and was mortified it said MOSSBERG on it :eek: makes a Hi Point look like a Mercedes-Benz

Since you can't remember who it was, you prolly paid what it was actually worth :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
36,332 Posts
Not saying you deserved it, butttt...

I saw one of these POS and was mortified it said MOSSBERG on it :eek: makes a Hi Point look like a Mercedes-Benz

Since you can't remember who it was, you prolly paid what it was actually worth :rotfl:
You apparently don’t know that much about Mossberg .22’s.

They actually ARE the Hi Point of .22’s, they use a good amount of Zamak. Made by CBC, which years ago bought out and produced the Remington Nylon 66, and now also makes Rossi .22’s.

And the 702 Plinkster is a name with tradition, the 377 Plinkster was also a plastic shell with a gun in it from the ‘70’s.

And my 702’s have ALL been more accurate than the Rugers. I’ve had...6? The nieces and nephews tend to get them. The Boy Scouts loved them. I still have 1, and my son’s is still here.

So, as a collector, it made sense to have a 715. But I still don’t have one. Nor do I have that 377, they aren’t cheap.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Super Moderator
9,679 Posts
Made by CBC, which years ago bought out and produced the Remington Nylon 66
Close, but not quite.

DuPont was part owner of CBC, along with the Brazilian government. DuPont also owned Remington. The GR8 was produced by CBC from the 1960’s until the 1990’s on Remington machinery. The GR8 and Nylon 66 was produced simultaneously for some 20 years. Only after Remington quit making the Nylon 66 in the 1980’s was the GR8 imported into the United States where it was heavily (maybe exclusively?) marketed by K-Mart. Production of the GR8 ended in the 1990’s some 200,000 GR8 rifles were produced…or was that imported? Memory is failing me now. :(

Collectors of the Remington Nylon 66 rifles welcome the GR8 rifles into their collection. While they do not command the prices that a Nylon 66 does, the GR8 is in fact collectible and one in good shape can now bring upwards of $300, more if it is the black and chrome version.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts