Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 995TS and would like to mount a reflex sight that would allow co-witnessing with the current iron sights. Any suggestions?
Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are several options available from HP themselves.

Link here:

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Thanks for the link. Didn't see anything that would allow me to Co-Witness my iron sights using a Reflex sight. I have went with see-thru rail risers. Had to use a 1/2" and a 1" riser to accomplish my goal. Works well with the Reflex sight I mounted. The Carbine is scary accurate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a lot of riser... which type of co-witness did you go with?
Yes it is alot of riser but I am able to use the iron sights looking thru the 1" riser as it is mounted on top of the 1/2" riser. Worked very well and with the reflex sight it was not much of a strech to use the sight. Thinking of trying a offset 45 degree rail riser.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's not a co-witness... That's just stacking see through mounts.

There are two main types of co-witness and a third "modified" style that really doesn't count.

Absolute, or 100% co-witness, is where the rear, dot, and front sights all align as you look down range and align on the target. That way you only need one shooting position.

Lower ⅓ is when the dot sight is lollipopped above the front sight , and then you lower your head down to align the iron sights, which causes the dot to appear above the rear sight.

The modified, or hybrid version, is to remove the rear sight entirely and align the dot with the front sight. Then, even if you lose power to the dot sight, it functions like a large ghost ring. You center the post in the frame and shoot that way.
Thanks for the clarification.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts